• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HD600 vs Momentum 1.0

Dipypang

Hi this is a simple review from my recent upgrade from Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 to HD600. I write this because I couldn’t find any post for these 2 headphones so I'll write one who knows there'll be people like me considering an upgrade from Momentum 1.0. Before I made this upgrade I'm considering between HD600 and Hifiman Sundara but there's October 10th sale discount in my country for HD600 from normal price $410 to $300 so I checkout right away.

Size
My first impression when I unboxed the HD600 was it's way larger than I think. The size is about 1.5x my Momentum 1.0, especially the earcup. I thought Momentum 1.0's earcup is already big since it can already cover my whole ears (over ear).

Sound
I'm amazed by the sound quality, there're a lot of sound I never heard before from my Momentum 1.0. The vocals, the instruments are all crystal clear! I'm exploring my playlist everyday since I got the HD600, it's very enjoying and interesting exploring the songs you use to listen everyday in a new way. They feel like new songs.

Comfort
It is awesomely comfortable fit in my head even with glasses on. And the most important part is I don't feel any fatigue even for a long listening session. With the same volume level in Momentum 1.0 I start to feel fatigue with around 30 minutes of usage so I have to turn down the volume.

At first I am very doubtful about this upgrade since I bought the Momentum 1.0 in 2014 for around $340. That's only $70 difference with the HD600 normal price $410. When I first bought the Momentum 1.0, I thought I already own an audiophile headphones, but in fact that is just a stylish commercial headphones.

This upgrade totally change how my music sounds! A totally worth upgrade! So if you're currently using Momentum 1.0 headphones when reading this and planning for an upgrade, don't doubt, it's a worth upgrade!

My system:
PC (Spotify/FLAC files) -> Fiio K5 Pro -> HD600

Although my system is cheap and simple but it's more than enough for me! I'm a satisfied user here.

Good day everybody and enjoy the very best of music! Hope my simple writing will help those need :D

Top Bottom