• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HD300 pro custom cable XLR?

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wanted a pair of closed backs that are decently neutral, so I purchased these. They sound really great but the only problem is the cable is extremely propriety and extremely short. To the point where trying to get a 3m cable or any other is almost impossible. I found an ebay seller who takes sennheiser 600/650 cables and just changes the connector to XLR. I figured my HD300 pro was not balanced so I asked him if he can take a stock cable of the hd300pro, use the connectors and make a 3m cable, ending in a 1/4 inch connector. He told me they can do it in XLR but I didn't think it was a balanced headphone and was wondering if it was safe. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because the current cable makes it impossible to listen with my main setup.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 53

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You should be able to find a cable that works. The ones I have terminate in a 2mm or some small size jack. They won't lock into the headphone but I've never had the cable fall out.

The hd600 cable is totally different, it splits off into both ear cups and used those tiny fork connectors.

Top Bottom