• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Have you seen this? Ikea Eneby biamped blue tooth speaker $89

OP
gene_stl

gene_stl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think its a screaming good deal. You don't even need speaker cables. Just two outlets and something that talks stereo blue tooth. (whatever that is, I don't even really know what you are supposed to source these things with) $89 retail each. I know it's a funny layout. But I would love to hear a
5.0 or 5.1 system based on them. Just for laughs.

OP
gene_stl

gene_stl

Forum Donor
Then there is all of this , which is likely old news to many ASR members but was kind of new to me since I had heard of Sonos but there was nothing particular in it that previously attracted me.

I am sorry I did not realize that Sonos was an "ecosystem" But since Ikea has hooked up with them their ecosystem will get much larger I presume.
Still at $89 and $99 for the Eneby and Symphonyet bt and wifi/ethernet biamped speakers these would be great gateway drugs imho. At that price they seem to include DSP room EQ.

I do have to admit that anything that has the word "bi-amp" in it attracts my attention in the same way as if it were a pretty girl. (It is too late for me to get a life)

Last edited:

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
I have a pet project I would like to do: Eneby (The larger one), remote on, off and volume connected internally to a ChromeCast Audio.

garbulky

Major Contributor
@gene_stl
If you like bi amped stuff, check out Emotiva's airmotiv 4 speaker. I believe you can only get it on the used market. Sounds great :) You can swing one of those for about $200. The airmotiv 5 brings a whole lot more bass. if you want more punch.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This type of speaker is where home audio is for most people now, along with sound bars. The tie up between IKEA and Sonos should be mutually beneficial as IKEA get the benefit of a manufacturer with a high degree of expertise and a reputation for doing wireless speakers very well and Sonos should expand their presence in a much bigger market and bring more people into their system. OK, these may not appeal to high end audiophiles but they are listenable and some of the Sonos speakers are very good and suitable for much more than background sound. I think this type of speaker is the future of hindi, many of the higher end speaker manufacturers have been making wireless speakers for quite a while but for some reason the audiophile world seems attached to wires and separate components.
That said I am a hypocrite singing the virtues of wireless speakers when I recently bought a traditional set up in preference to wireless.

Ceveton

Hello. I have two jobs and therefore very little time to go to the store. And now, when there is quarantine, it is generally not possible to understand how stores work. Therefore, I always look on the Internet for the working hours of Ikea near me, in order to save time. So I advise you to check the time so that you do not waste your time later.

Top Bottom