• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hasselblad X2D - 100 megapixel Mirrorless Camera

Chazz6

* The images from a Hasselblad X1Dii and a Fuji GFX 50... are different, even using the same third-party manual lens (with adapter in each case). I prefer the Hasselblad. There is something to how they do color.

* My X1Dii suddenly lost use of the rear LCD. It flashes the logo on startup then goes black. I emailed Hasselblad USA with elaborate description of the behavior; no reply. A month later, email again, and again no reply after a month. I fill out the support form on the Hasselblad website; it is several weeks now, and again silence.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51231081955_f57de20928_o_d.jpg

DonDish

I would go for a any mirrorless FF housing and some nice Zeiss prime lenses, top Q/shave off some $$. That model in the video is just flirting with the masses. The real Hasselblad is the traditional medium format models for studio/outdoor photography. Hows that for shooting DAC´s and pink panthers ;) @amirm

My profile image and background is taken with Olympus OMD10 and m.zuiko telemacro 60mm. f2.8 prime(FF equivalent for MFT 60mm is 120mm). Just needed some quick and dirty for my profile.
SPDIF contacts was a tricky one. These are two outputs from RME digiface USB. Shot in low light at 15-20 cm it was impossible to get automatics to fixate. I could work on the settings, but this is it for now. It has some Sith/StarWars feel to it though, but to what extent it actually alludes to SPDIF digital audio someone else can tell. Recognition is everything, and I feel its kinda out of detail to be caught at an instant.

Last edited:

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
* The images from a Hasselblad X1Dii and a Fuji GFX 50... are different, even using the same third-party manual lens (with adapter in each case). I prefer the Hasselblad. There is something to how they do color.

* My X1Dii suddenly lost use of the rear LCD. It flashes the logo on startup then goes black. I emailed Hasselblad USA with elaborate description of the behavior; no reply. A month later, email again, and again no reply after a month. I fill out the support form on the Hasselblad website; it is several weeks now, and again silence.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51231081955_f57de20928_o_d.jpg

The Hasselblad is individually profiled at the factory and then the data is uploaded to the camera. When you power it on, the sluggish boot is loading the 3D LUT.

The Fuji has excellent color, with film simulations to give you lots of good presets. It’s color is on par with that from Canon/Nikon at the RAW level but it’s also 16-bit, so you get even better results. You would need to manually profile your camera to get the accurate color of the Hasselblad.

The GFX optics are electronics are a step up on the Fuji, but the overall system is larger. Everyone can describe horror stories with customer service, but Fuji is a step up from Hasselblad and pretty much Canon/Nikon are gold standards for purchases that are new, which is one reason it’s so popular with professional sports photographers. Sony is like Samsung. They have the ability to support things to a premium experience but it also is subject to the whims of the company. Sometimes Sony can put out the very best products and other times it’s pretty lousy.

The Hasselblad optics are supposed to be even better with the latest generation lenses. Optics aren’t hard to make good — we see it with telescopes. It’s hard to make good optics consistently and in mass production at “affordable prices.”

Narnian

My profile image and background is taken with Olympus OMD10 and m.zuiko telemacro 60mm. f2.8 prime(FF equivalent for MFT 60mm is 120mm). Just needed some quick and dirty for my profile.
Great little lens - I owned that when I had my Lumix MFT cameras, a GX7 and GX85. Moved over to Sony A6500 because it was the same size but had the larger sensor.

I prefer the rangefinder style I confess, even in Medium format.

This was my favorite Fuji film camera, the G690 (2 1/4 x 3 1/4)
1663699232048.jpeg

DonDish

Thats a nice camera, if you are into analog these are golden days. If the market hasnt been swept already TBH im not so much into this. It was my father who was the photographer. He lerned me about Hasselblad and other stuff. Minolta was his brand. Im glad I got the Olympus though, so I bought the macro and a cheap 150mm, mostly for animals and maybe ill get some 50mm equivalent. Im here for the hifi gear you know. Cant cultivate both hobbies in a luxurious fashion :D My daughter has a Sony with 50mm prime lens. Impressive images.
So if it wasnt for the music I would probably be saving up for my next Zeiss Otus lens right now.

I might add Im swedish, so Hasselblad is part of my very proud heritage. At least we have the first camera on the moon :D

This one is shot with the macro. A lucky shot indeed. At this scale these little fellows run around like cheetas :D
ant.jpg

DonDish

Thats a nice camera, if you are into analog these are golden days. If the market hasnt been swept already TBH im not so much into this. It was my father who was the photographer. He lerned me about Hasselblad and other stuff. Minolta was his brand. Im glad I got the Olympus though, so I bought the macro and a cheap 150mm, mostly for animals and maybe ill get some 50mm equivalent. Im here for the hifi gear you know. Cant cultivate both hobbies in a luxurious fashion :D My daughter has a Sony with 50mm prime lens. Impressive images.
So if it wasnt for the music I would probably be saving up for my next Zeiss Otus lens right now.

I might add Im swedish, so Hasselblad is part of my very proud heritage. At least we have the first camera on the moon :D

This one is shot with the macro. A lucky shot indeed. At this scale these little fellows run around like cheetas :D
View attachment 232202
_1010491.jpg_1010484.jpg_1010481.jpg
Shot today[25.09.22] with m.zuiko digital ED 60mm f2.8 telemacro.

naviivan

i look forward to trying out the x2D as a x-1D owner and user the issue i have with it is that it’s a bit slow for shooting people. still life is good. i upgraded from H4D -31 which i still find as a better studio camera than x1D.

Hasselblad mirrorless (X series) isn’t really aimed at the pro photographer they have the H series that fills that.

Most Pros use Phase One Med format (most common) or hasselblad. i only know 1 person who had a Leaf back.

FYI: i don’t use the X1D much anymore on jobs because clients can’t tell the difference if it was shot on a canon 5D MK4 or Hasselblad.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Chasing more megapixels is the photographic equivalent of chasing a few more db of SINAD when you are already over 115. The law of diminishing returns set in.

Cheers
Not when they are combined with a much larger sensor.

Top Bottom