• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has someone in here been cured by audiosciencereview?

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From time to time I keep seing some signatures or videos where you can already see the glow of multiple McIntosh, Pass Labs, Gryphoon, etc. amps, dacs, cd-players, you name it, and wonder if there is ever coming back from this if you've gone that deep into the rabbit hole.

Are there members in here who got their eyes opened be ASR and sold all their luxury gear to get better performing gear for their buck?

I consider myself as a realist and pragmatist. My whole setup is based on how good the measurements were or - like in case with my speakers - how much trust I put into the manufacturer and it's claims + datasheet. And of course the price/value ratio. So if I had been born a few decades earlier, with the same mindset and having only those suuuper expensive amps available not knowning any better I probably would have gone the same way (I am 29). Now, if I HAD gone that way and would see ASR reviews that crush my whole reality, I don't know if I would accept that or stay in denial. I think I would have the strenght and reason to sell everything to another poor(happy?) soul and get myself an ultimate stereo chain for 10k (with NuVero 170, make it 20k and it'd be Salon2 if I would be living in US - nothing compares to 4 way) and buy a car for the rest :D.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sold expensive PS Audio power, XLR and speaker cables for Tripp Lite and Liberty Cable close outs. I sold separate PS Audio DAC and headphone amps for a Topping combo unit. I sold a PS Audio phono preamp for a Pro-Ject phono preamp. I sold Parasound Halo amplifier for homebuilt ICEpower based amps. I still own a tube preamp but plan to replace it eventually with something from Benchmark, ADI or ??? I’ll never sell my Von Schweikert speakers but that’s a personal choice. I was on my way down the rabbit hole and ASR helped me find my way out. I actually had cable lifters, silver fuses and RCA caps. :facepalm: I’m very happy with my current system.

Martin

Top Bottom