• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone used the Meizu Hifi Pro USB headphone amp / dongle with an iPhone?

canton

I heard it works fairly seamlessly with Android devices. Has anyone tried using it on an iPhone? Does it work without any special software or configuration?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If I had a lightning to USB C adaptor I would test it for you. Sure others here know the answer but I fear from a quick look around you might need an Apple Camera Connection Kit to get it to work. Which, frankly, would be a ball ache.

OP
canton

canton

If I had a lightning to USB C adaptor I would test it for you.

[Facepalm] I forgot that iPhones don't have USB C (yet). Nevermind! Looks like the EU will finally force them to standardize maybe in July 2020. Save the world from filling up with specialized chargers and cables at last!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
[Facepalm] I forgot that iPhones don't have USB C (yet). Nevermind! Looks like the EU will finally force them to standardize maybe in July 2020. Save the world from filling up with specialized chargers and cables at last!
In many ways I see the appeal of Apple. Audio is not one of them.

Top Bottom