• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone used Genelec 8351/8361 in small room?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Believe it or not, Genelec just told me room size was not critial for Ones series, as long as I have listening distance between 0.5 to 2.5 meters. However they also told me that dips in room response can only be fixed by acoustic treatment or subwoofer placing at optimal spot. Hmmm…
Get the 8361A, I don't see any downsides to them
If I could afford them I'd buy them in a second

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is your studio?

yes (and office)

size seems to be ok, but they are so close……

in practice separation between speakers is very accurate. I was surprised but it is really easy to tell where the sound is coming from.
In terms of speaker size, they are too large. I used to have 5x8341 + 1x7370 and that was already excellent.
Believe it or not, Genelec just told me room size was not critial for Ones series, as long as I have listening distance between 0.5 to 2.5 meters. However they also told me that dips in room response can only be fixed by acoustic treatment or subwoofer placing at optimal spot. Hmmm…

That's correct.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
yes (and office)

in practice separation between speakers is very accurate. I was surprised but it is really easy to tell where the sound is coming from.
In terms of speaker size, they are too large. I used to have 5x8341 + 1x7370 and that was already excellent.

That's correct.
I would never leave the house if I were you

OP
G

Georgios

yes (and office)

That's correct.
Thanks for that, I’m leaning towards 8351B now.

Top Bottom