• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone tried NewFantasia SPC balanced headphone cables?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, a quick look on amazon tells me they sell the same generic rebadged stuff as a million other ebay/ amazon sellers.

Doesnt mean it doesnt work fine, might even last a decent while, but may just as likely be junk.

Dont expect miracles from any cable. At best they will "work" - at worst they wont. The annoying ones are those that seem to work fine at first, then you breathe on them and lose a channel.

EDIT- just looking again. The one I first found looked the same as millions of others (white plastic cover, XLR end) but their others look a bit different with a fabric sheath over the cable. So maybe most of their stuff is made just by/ for them.

OP
D

domijack281

yeah i am referring to these

NewFantasia HiFi Cable 4-pin XLR Balanced Male Compatible with Hifiman HE4XX, HE-400i (The Latest Version with Both 3.5mm Plug) Headphones Silver Plated Replacement Audio Upgrade Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HGP87F...abc_AFJ6H3JHJB0NNFAK1KDR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Some folks mention they make their headphones sound brighter but pull back on mids or bass, but it could also really be effect of switching from SE to balanced output, amp design, etc.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

I have a set, running balanced might make a difference, but the cable doesn't...

Top Bottom