• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone here used this - Vituix software?

ajawamnet

I searched the forum... didn't find anything.

https://kimmosaunisto.net/Software/Software.html

I noticed he links to other forums....

Like wow - check out the vids
All for free? This is nutz...

VituixCAD2_Full_Crossover.png

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
At first glance, that's looks pretty impressive... Free? Wow...

Krunok

Major Contributor
That looks like a speaker/crossover designer tool, not a measurement tool like REW.

Last edited:
OP
A

ajawamnet

That looks like a speaker/crossover designer tool, not a measurement too like REW.

Yea - it works with ARTA: http://www.artalabs.hr/
"Read VituixCAD Measurement Preparations.pdf. This is mandatory document to read and follow to enable fast and controlled speaker simulation producing accurate off-axis simulation and reliable power and DI responses. Please do not challenge recommendations by using some other measurement program or single channel measurement gear such as USB microphones or single channel mode for far field measurements. Also techical support for not recommended measurement softwares is not available. "

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have not used it extensively. But I know many praise it. It has a lot of functionalities that are usefull when designing a speaker.
Maybe @Juhazi can join in. :)

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Well, the author does VituixCAD as a hobby, but has university education in engineering and long history of several types of speakers well documented on his pages. He is very helpful and has many VCAD users around the world, like those found at this forum https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/307910-vituixcad.html VCAD has several "tools" that are quite easy to use for preliminary ideas of construction, like diffraction simulation per intended baffle and driver sizes and published data. The program gets updates almost weekly!

VituixCAD_Diffraction.png

Personally I am not qualified or even interested in learning to design passive crossovers. My lack of the talent of understanding mathematics is deep... So I must just believe others, that this program is state of the art!

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, the author does VituixCAD as a hobby, but has university education in engineering

Tampere, Helsinki or Oulu?

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
A

ajawamnet

Well, the author does VituixCAD as a hobby, but has university education in engineering and long history of several types of speakers well documented on his pages. He is very helpful and has many VCAD users around the world, like those found at this forum https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/307910-vituixcad.html VCAD has several "tools" that are quite easy to use for preliminary ideas of construction, like diffraction simulation per intended baffle and driver sizes and published data. The program gets updates almost weekly!

VituixCAD_Diffraction.png

Personally I am not qualified or even interested in learning to design passive crossovers. My lack of the talent of understanding mathematics is deep... So I must just believe others, that this program is state of the art!

Thanks - that's exactly what I need it for (crossover design and simulation).

Hypnotoad

I like the SPL trace function it has, since I was using Jeff Bagby's crossover designer that's all I use from VituixCad but I might take a closer look.

Top Bottom