• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone heard of Copland or Canor? (CSA100, AI 2.10)

forsty88

Hello all,
I hope this is the right sub forum for something like this, because the word 'discussion' was missing in the description of this sub forum.

Has anyone here been able to find out anything about the two brands Copland and Canor? In particular, I am interested in the amplifiers Copland CSA100 and Canor AI 2.10. Both are supposed to be hybrid amplifiers, each equipped with a tube preamplifier. I would be interested to know what effect a tube preamplifier can have in such a design. Is there anything noticeable in the sound, or is this more marketing talk to attract tube fans? I've read quite a few tests on the two, and as tests usually are, they do surprisingly well in the price range of 3000€-5000€.

I am currently looking for a replacement for my Hegel H190. At first I had hoped that it would be an all-in-one solution. But even the DAC can't deliver 192khz to Roon, it has to downsample to 105khz. So sooner or later I would have to run an external DAC after all, so I don't need to stay with the Hegel H190 either, because it isn't the promised all-in-one solution. The sound was a bit too clinical for me anyway and I had the feeling that everything sounded a bit separated and there was little harmony and rhythm in complex music tracks. Before I forget, I have a pair of Elac Vela FS 409 as speakers.

So, does anyone know the brands, does anyone know the models, do you have opinions on them or experiences?

Thank you very much!

Top Bottom