• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone heard / measured Acoulab Première S ??

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
234E923E-8185-4CF7-A7FC-CD26CE8BD1C0.jpeg

Saw them today online, look nice and promising!

Found a review over here: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/acoulab-premiere-s/

Last edited:

mrx180g

Hello Friends,

i just had to see (or listen) for myself, so i just ordered the demo kit. They have not arrived yet, but probably will this week.
If you are interested, i will try to do some measurements and share my impressions.
Hello, I am interested. How do they sounds? Looks very promising.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was about to create a thread for this...

Indeed they "look" like very promising speakers:
1000013442.jpg
1000013444.jpg
1000013443.jpg
1000013445.jpg

Pretty enclosure, high end ADC and DSP, nCore amplification with active crossover... I was very tempted until I mailed them, asking for measurements. In fact I was hesitant between this and my actual Buchardt A500 Signature Edition, which are priced about the same. Here is part of their answer:
Unfortunately, we are not publishing measurements.
As you have probably read on our philosophy page, we are using measurements extensively in development, but don’t believe that they will give potential customers a good idea of how the product will work for them.
It is indeed part of their "philosophy":
1000013446.png

While measurement plays an important role in product development and quality control, when it comes to evaluating human perception of sound, there is no better judge than a human listener.
OK... Now I'm wondering, how a 100% newcomer company dare to make such statements ("no bullshit approach", to quote them) and the other way, refuse to provide any, even tiny but of measurements to an interested customer? A 4700€ speaker with a lot of technical buzzwords about the parts it uses, but they refuse to publish the actual result of their work ?!...o_O

This approach + only one year of warranty (remember: 4700€ for active speakers from a company with litteraly zero background)...So many ref flags raised for me...

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone manage to put these in a Klippel or even just point a calibration mic at them?
Do you know "anyone" who has a Klippel NFS ? This is a very limited distribution, I doubt that much people bought these. On the other hand, the manufacturer sending the product for measurements to either Amir or Erin is not gonna happen anytime soon, unless he changed his mind since the last statement I shared above.

Tarnith

Do you know "anyone" who has a Klippel NFS ? This is a very limited distribution, I doubt that much people bought these. On the other hand, the manufacturer sending the product for measurements to either Amir or Erin is not gonna happen anytime soon, unless he changed his mind since the last statement I shared above.
Erin's audio corner and Amir.

The information on these is very minimal for the very high pricing. Would just be curious to see some more details on these.

30ms latency makes them outside of my use for studio however. Mainly curious to see how well integrated the crossover is and what the step response looks like.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Erin's audio corner and Amir.

The information on these is very minimal for the very high pricing. Would just be curious to see some more details on these.

30ms latency makes them outside of my use for studio however. Mainly curious to see how well integrated the crossover is and what the step response looks like.
Not unless someone sends this speaker to them and as it is a European brand I wouldn’t hold my breath.

However I would stay clear of any brand unable to provide the most basic information characterizing a speaker (at least I couldn’t find anything on their website). I mean they charge 5k and apparently put in some interesting technology and never verified the result? That’s not good engineering practice.

As someone said, for 1k they can send it to Klippel Germany, in case they don’t have the capability. Makes one think if they have to hide something.

Tarnith

Not unless someone sends this speaker to them and as it is a European brand I wouldn’t hold my breath.

However I would stay clear of any brand unable to provide the most basic information characterizing a speaker (at least I couldn’t find anything on their website). I mean they charge 5k and apparently put in some interesting technology and never verified the result? That’s not good engineering practice.

As someone said, for 1k they can send it to Klippel Germany, in case they don’t have the capability. Makes one think if they have to hide something.
Yeah, 1 year warranty, MFB and not even a dispersion chart/any measures of how well that worked, is a huge red flag to me.

30ms latency is also... extreme. The most aggressive mixed phase linearization I usually do is sub 20ms at the extreme. It looks really cool, I'm interested in what they've done, but it seems outside of ordering one in Europe I'll never know.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was about to create a thread for this...

Indeed they "look" like very promising speakers:
View attachment 250790View attachment 250791View attachment 250792View attachment 250795
Pretty enclosure, high end ADC and DSP, nCore amplification with active crossover... I was very tempted until I mailed them, asking for measurements. In fact I was hesitant between this and my actual Buchardt A500 Signature Edition, which are priced about the same. Here is part of their answer:

It is indeed part of their "philosophy":
View attachment 250796

OK... Now I'm wondering, how a 100% newcomer company dare to make such statements ("no bullshit approach", to quote them) and the other way, refuse to provide any, even tiny but of measurements to an interested customer? A 4700€ speaker with a lot of technical buzzwords about the parts it uses, but they refuse to publish the actual result of their work ?!...o_O

This approach + only one year of warranty (remember: 4700€ for active speakers from a company with litteraly zero background)...So many ref flags raised for me...
Srajan from 6moons likes them, so they must be good!

Top Bottom