• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone AB the Topping PRE90 , Gustard P26 or the Schiit Freya+

GCL

Has anyone AB the Topping Pre90 , Gustard P26 or the Schiit Freya+ . My new amps are the Mono blocks are the Orchard Audio Starkrison.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Has anyone AB the Topping Pre90 , Gustard P26 or the Schiit Freya+ . My new amps are the Mono blocks are the Orchard Audio Starkrison.
The only option that may not be audibly transparent here is the tube stage on the Freya+. The SS Freya+ stage and the other two will very likely be impossible to tell apart by sound. Even the tube stage on Freya+ is more transparent than many tube pieces.

I would recommend buying what has the features you want. I love my Freya S. If you want tubes and a more robust product, i.e., no screen that can fail, get the Freya+. If you want a smaller footprint and outstanding performance, get the Pre90. If you like something about the Gustard, it will probably work well too.

OP
G

GCL

I appreciate your input , I am replacing Audible Illusions Mod 3 and I am not sure if I want to deal with tubes anymore.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Topping and Gustard are both excellent. I like the Topping brand better, but I woul recommend wichever has the looks, inputs, outputs, or brand you like. The objective performance is not really a differientiator between these two products.

Cujobob

I’ve been happy with my Pre90, but I again want to point out that the range on the remote sucks. If that’s important, consider one of the others.

fmplayer

I sent back a pre90 I bought. Super transparent, details in spade, but not my cup of tea as to tonal balance, flesh and 'relief' (See my post on the Pre90 thread). Just a matter of taste.

Vulcanore

Using a topping Pre90 between a denafrips terminator and Den Apollo Amplifier replacing a Kinki Studio Pre and the extra detail is amazing. Well worth the investment.

Top Bottom