• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman target curve for OE and IE

MFog

Hi, does anyone have a Harman target curve in excel or any different file? I am looking for a target curve for both headphones and earphones.

Dazerdoreal

audixix

Hello, does anyone know how I could get hold of parametric EQ data (ideally 16 band) that approximate the Harman Curve (for headphones)?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Every headphone has its own curve so there is no Harman curve for headphones.
There is one for each headphone and there are target curves for specific test fixtures.

audixix

Thanks, yes I am aware of this, I am using oratory's presets already. I just would like to have the data that transforms a flat line into the harman curve (the one for over ear headphones) - not the compensation data that is individual for each headphone, and also does not result in exactly the same end result.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The 2013, 2015 or 2017 version for OE ?
For the GRAS + modified pinna Harman used or the one you get when the response of the fixture itself is 'removed' ?
That plot would be an 'average' as well and may differ from headphone to headphone and individual to individual.

It would have to be against some standard (most likely the DF for that particular fixture)

audixix

I meant Harman AE/OE 2018 as referenced in the oratory1990 EQ preset PDFs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom