• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman Kardan Citation Amp Queries

Witterings

Has anybody got one of these and if so what are your overall thoughts on them.

I'm interested in buying one although a deciding factor may be: Is there any way to use it so you can press one button on the remote and it comes onto a pre-set internet radio station?

It'll be for a Kitchen / Living area where "The Boss" often listens to the radio, she's never used any type of streamer and the thought of trying to teach her how to fills me with dread ... in reality it's not going to happen.

I could plug an Alexa in so all she has to do is switch it on and say ... Alexa play Wave 105 .... but she hates Alexa with a vengeance (another woman in the house that's helpful) although I do hear her using it on the QT when she thinks I can't hear.

PeterOo

Has anybody got one of these and if so what are your overall thoughts on them.

I'm interested in buying one although a deciding factor may be: Is there any way to use it so you can press one button on the remote and it comes onto a pre-set internet radio station?
It supports streaming through bluetooth, chromecast or Airplay. Not directly streaming a URL. So you will have to start streaming from a device (e.g phone) which you connect to the Amp over one of those 3 protocols. in Spotify and Apple music these are two separate actions. I am not aware of any streaming apps that connect automatically.

There is a discussion on the reliability, fan noise and user interface here.

OP
W

Witterings

It supports streaming through bluetooth, chromecast or Airplay. Not directly streaming a URL. So you will have to start streaming from a device (e.g phone) which you connect to the Amp over one of those 3 protocols. in Spotify and Apple music these are two separate actions. I am not aware of any streaming apps that connect automatically.

There is a discussion on the reliability, fan noise and user interface here.

Thanks for that ... much appreciated :)

Top Bottom