• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman EQ For Audeze LCD-3 (Fazor)

concorde1

If I got an Audeze LCD-3 (Fazor) and requested its measured frequency response chart from Audeze, would it be possible to create a Harman Curve EQ for it based off the chart?

Does Audeze supply a "data containing" file (containing mathematical data points) or just a "printed" file (eg a PDF)? That is, can it be mathematically processed, or only inspected by eye?

Before I purchase, I want to ensure I can EQ the LCD-3F.

The oratory1990 LCD-3 preset doesn't mention anything about Fazor, so I'm not relying on it being relevant for current LCD-3's.

On another note, I only really want the LCD-3 over the LCD-2 for its look. I understand the LCD-2 (Fazor) has less unit-unit variation in frequency response, so would the LCD-2F be a better buy?

OP
concorde1

concorde1

Thank you for that info!

OP
concorde1

concorde1

The LCD-3 I measured was indeed one with the Fazor (serial number 2821432)
Hi oratory1990, I acquired from Audeze the frequency response charts (Neumann KU 100) for my 2021 LCD-3 and the LCD-3 that you measured.

When I EQ my LCD-3 with your preset I think it doesn't sound quite neutral.

Is it possible to - although these are not GRAS measurements - adjust my EQ based on the difference between these two graphs? If so, could you possibly help me with it?

My LCD-3 is the top one, the LCD-3 you measured is below it. As you can see they are very different.
LCD3.png
OratoryLCD3.png

staticV3

Major Contributor
@concorde1
Here are the two graphs from Audeze digitized and overlaid:
1.png

Here's the difference between them:
2.png

Here's oratory's KEMAR frequency reponse of his unit:
3.png

Apply the difference to that measurement and you get the theoretical frequency response of your unit on oratory's KEMAR:
4.png

I've plugged that into the AutoEQ script and attached the resulting EQ settings to this post. Results for both Harman AE/OE2018 and for the AutoEQ target (Harman minus 2dB bass) are provided. PEQ sample rate is 44.1KHz.

Attachments

• AutoEQ results.zip
    106.4 KB · Views: 41
OP
concorde1

concorde1

I've plugged that into the AutoEQ script and attached the resulting EQ settings to this post. Results for both Harman AE/OE2018 and for the AutoEQ target (Harman minus 2dB bass) are provided. PEQ sample rate is 44.1KHz.
Thanks very much, highly appreciated. I like that you showed your working.

Just one thing, I notice in your attached image of the correction EQ there are a few dips in the equalized frequency response, but most critically the dip between 4 and 5 kHz. Is that significant? I'm surprised that is there after the script.

staticV3

Major Contributor
Thanks very much, highly appreciated. I like that you showed your working.

Just one thing, I notice in your attached image of the correction EQ there are a few dips in the equalized frequency response, but most critically the dip between 4 and 5 kHz. Is that significant? I'm surprised that is there after the script.
it is not recommended to make deep, high Q corrections at high frequencies. That's why AutoEQ will not correct troughs there completely. It is by design.

OP
concorde1

concorde1

Interesting. I suppose this means my Audeze unit is inferior to the one Oratory measured. Well I'll probably just live with it

Top Bottom