• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hardware Teardown of xDuoo TA-01 DAC and Headphone Amplifier

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ya I was happy with it. But I bought it so I could try planers. Well it hooked me enough that I started hunting for new hardware which led me to this site and the RME. But if I had stayed with the xduoo/He400i I would of been OK with that too. But the review of the RME adi-2 seduced me and here I am.:cool:

FireLion

Ya I was happy with it. But I bought it so I could try planers. Well it hooked me enough that I started hunting for new hardware which led me to this site and the RME. But if I had stayed with the xduoo/He400i I would of been OK with that too. But the review of the RME adi-2 seduced me and here I am.:cool:

Here is my M1060c with a mod I was trying out.
With the Vegan pads.
I have also bought a Chinese headband that will fit it that I want to put a ZMF pilot pad on.

Interesting looking amp.

Reactions: Rod

Rod

Here is what I ended up with. Got to stop for now or wife will (add here)and not be happy.
rme__1527276310_173.239.228.104.jpg

Rod

Ya I try to get her to listen, I get "sounds ok" as shes perfectly happy with the speakers on her iphone.

FireLion

The main reason is to stop others from copying their design. This being China, everyone copies stuff so they are trying to make it a bit harder.

Is there a solid state opamp in there? & are they fake Rubycons?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there a solid state opamp in there? & are they fake Rubycons?
As I noted in the article, they seem fake but I am not 100% sure. I don't think they use an op-amp. The tube is the pre-amp/buffer and the transistors are the output stage.

FireLion

As I noted in the article, they seem fake but I am not 100% sure. I don't think they use an op-amp. The tube is the pre-amp/buffer and the transistors are the output stage.

Yea I couldn't see one like say a little dot I+, I must have a closer look. I do like how the tubes affect the sound.

FireLion

So this is what I am getting. I am an IT tech and have thrown the kitchen sink at it.

1527345949271.png

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So this is what I am getting. I am an IT tech and have thrown the kitchen sink at it.
If you are running Windows 10 Creators Edition, you don't need any drivers as I noted in my review. If you have installed them, remove them and see if it works.

FireLion

I did do a full reset today and I believe it was already installed. I have noticed its 16-bit in the Sound properties Instead of 24.

FireLion

Top Bottom