• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hardware Review and Measurements of Sonore microRendu v1.4

TheInquiring

Thank you very much for welcoming yours truly to the Forum. Glad I found this incredible resource!:)

Amir, measuring a MacBook and a Mac Mini would be very much appreciated by many of your readers, I am sure. Meanwhile, would you mind terribly suggesting a couple of PC notebooks you deem most suitable for the task?
"Almost none of the DACs I have tested care what the PC is doing..." is the most welcome news: no "OS purifiers" are actually required!:)
Topping DX7s looks very impressive indeed. Eagerly awaiting for your report. Any chance you could please comment on the hardware implementation as well? Particularly, on the asynchronous USB input featuring galvanic isolation realization.

As always, thank you very kindly for your exemplary service to the public, Amir.:)

TheInquiring

Thank you, Amir!:)
As soon as the DX7s claimed specs confirmed, I will get one.
Any plans to measure integrated amplifiers, time permitting? Would be very much interested to learn your opinion on what would be the best to drive my floor standers...;)

firedog

Just came across this thread. "Correct" is not an accurate response. The Sonore devices and the SOtM streamers allow you to switch easily between several software output modes: LMS, HQP NAA, Roon, DLNA, Airplay, etc.
So you can run just about any existing audio server software you like on your server and you can multiroom with different types of endpoints. The Chromecast cant do this. It also can't playback formats above 24/96.
Those abilities are important to some users.

reg19

I don’t own the microRendu but I do own a ultraRendu powered by a LPS. Paired with the ADI-2 DAC FS (version 2). Running as NAA for HQPlayer (backend) with Roon as frontend. Have also tried the SoTM SMS-200 Ultra.

Don’t want to pollute this thread: is there a existing thread on the efficacy and limitations (if any) of measurements (as we currently know them) in gauging sonic quality in music? If so, could someone please PM me the link? Thanks.

BTW: I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: Amir has done some invaluable work in ASR overall!

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
From a typical "golden eared" audiophile on another site today:

"In the main system, I use a Sonore ultraRendu with an Uptone LPS 1.2 power supply. The ethernet stream uses a Tripp Lite medical grade isolator just before the ultraRendu."

They actually brag about their ridiculously overpriced, poorly-engineered gear, looking down their noses at smarter folks who make purchases based on the measurements here, lol.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
They actually brag about their ridiculously overpriced, poorly-engineered gear, looking down their noses at smarter folks who make purchases based on the measurements here, lol.
Not to worry, they are the living proof of the saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Top Bottom