• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harbeth speakers

OP
T

ThoFi

The sc8b is $1,400 https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...4141125_0,prmr:1,pid:3044147067264141125,cs:1

These are $1,000
Look like the same design and coax driver, different packaging
Sell the snake oil and buy a few sets?

I didn’t understand your post…?

Sound Artist here:

Ingenieur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I didn’t understand your post…?

Sound Artist here:
Ditto

I understand now
85% of your 100/120 posts are mostly negative about Harbeth and how you got blocked there.

Last edited:
OP
T

ThoFi

Ditto

I understand now
85% of your 100/120 posts are mostly negative about Harbeth and how you got blocked there.

don’t forget the 35 likes

I only share my experiences with the Harbeth using different amps etc…
and I compared them, and yes, subjectively.
And I do question the specs, measurements (if available), fan boys etc.

No need to be offensive.
How do you know that I have been blocked…???

Happy new year!

Ingenieur

don’t forget the 35 likes

I only share my experiences with the Harbeth using different amps etc…
and I compared them, and yes, subjectively.
And I do question the specs, measurements (if available), fan boys etc.

No need to be offensive.
How do you know that I have been blocked…???

Happy new year!
Relax
57% vs. 29%

I evaluate all measurements from all sources and make a determination. Including my own measurements in my room which is all that matters.

You have complained in more than a few of your 100 Harbeth related posts that you have been censored, had posts deleted, I call that blocked. I did not say banned. How would I know that?

Happy New Year.
Sell the Harbeths and move on.

I was not offensive, but factual.
On the other hand...when you point your finger at someone 3 are pointing back at you.
No need to be snarky with the 'fan boy' BS.
Thanks

OP
T

ThoFi

Relax
57% vs. 29%

I evaluate all measurements from all sources and make a determination. Including my own measurements in my room which is all that matters.

You have complained in more than a few of your 100 Harbeth related posts that you have been censored, had posts deleted, I call that blocked. I did not say banned. How would I know that?

Happy New Year.
Sell the Harbeths and move on.

I was not offensive, but factual.
On the other hand...when you point your finger at someone 3 are pointing back at you.
No need to be snarky with the 'fan boy' BS.
Thanks

it's a shame that you don't understand the message. it's about a lobby, badmouthing other and a lack of tolerance. And I do think that its ok to share opinions without being pilloried.

Ingenieur

it's a shame that you don't understand the message. it's about a lobby, badmouthing other and a lack of tolerance. And I do think that its ok to share opinions without being pilloried.
Practice what you preach.

I'm stupid?
I don't understand?
I am pillorying you?
Lack of tolerance?
Badmouthing?

It is amazing you can pack so many back-handed insults into so few words.

Relax, breath
Thank you

OP
T

ThoFi

Practice what you preach.

I'm stupid?
I don't understand?
I am pillorying you?
Lack of tolerance?
Badmouthing?

It is amazing you can pack so many back-handed insults into so few words.

Relax, breath
Thank you

unfortunately misunderstood again. I wasn't referring to you ...
that is the general problem ...
And thank you, I'm relaxed. I sit with my loved ones, drink a red wine with relish and listen to wonderful music with my hi-fi system.
Listen to the new Eric Clapton album with my tube amp and the MarkAudio-Sota. Beautiful!!!!!
The wine taste very good. And I didn’t know the „measurements „ ;-)
Enjoy life.
1640981415068.jpeg

Last edited:

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And thank you, I'm relaxed. I sit with my loved ones, drink a red wine with relish and listen to wonderful music with my hi-fi system.
Listen to the new Eric Clapton album with my tube amp and the MarkAudio-Sota. Beautiful!!!!!
This is a sort of cliche flex:

1) Throw a lot of vague shade on people
2) get called out on it
3) tell everyone how they are hysterical and you are just chillin' with your a drink, your system and your favorite tunes.

Ingenieur

The wine taste very good. And I didn’t know the „measurements „ ;-)
Enjoy life.
View attachment 175802
I think he doth protest too loudly...
I'm stupid, I do not understand the words coming out of your mouth!

Relish? Why not mustard.
I don't drink alcohol.

I destroyed all my Clapton stuff save Layla.
I use it as a coaster.

Last edited:

Ingenieur

This is a sort of cliche flex:

1) Throw a lot of vague shade on people
2) get called out on it
3) tell everyone how they are hysterical and you are just chillin' with your a drink, your system and your favorite tunes.
Lol
That made me spit my aged tap water out!
I did listen to a new $13 lp, Paul Chamers
Excellent

I highly recommend it if you have the means

Attachments

• B6EFDE12-C2AC-4200-994C-417CF8B0EA55.jpeg
    B6EFDE12-C2AC-4200-994C-417CF8B0EA55.jpeg
    643.3 KB · Views: 74
OP
T

ThoFi

I continued my comparison.
I listen to my PESR SE and SHL5+ 40 An with my March P252 Class D amp.
The P3 did sound wonderful, warm no harshness. It is not that dynamic and the high frequencies are not that extended.
The SHL did sound TOTALLY different. No more warmth, more extended to the high frequencies and to me the vocal is more forward and more unnatural sounding.
The SHL5 + 40An has the new, modern Harbeth sound I guess.
The P3 has the older, more relaxed sound.
For me the P3 beats the SHL5.

DSJR

Major Contributor
The P3ESR is very 'sweet toned' and gently balanced to sound larger than it is when free space mounted, but the 5+ and onwards is actually more realistic if you've ever heard a drum kit at ten paces or less ;) Some of that does come through in good recordings I feel.... The XD models are very accurate but will show up a too 'live' a room acoustic (I'm horrified at pictures I've seen of many owner's rooms - NO speaker would really sound best in these bare reflective minimalist environments no matter how well designed they are, with the grilles off and speakers 'firing' straight ahead.

Harbeth are now priced at a level that nudges the often beautiful but inferior high end confections sold in audio salons. The reputation and looks/build/integrity of the brand ensures there's a space in the shrinking market for them still. Whatever you feel, a lot of work goes into designing and making them, but there's plenty of other models less well known on the domestic audio scene (but regularly discussed here) if you want value for money and modern design.

P.S. I've had posts not published on the HUG too - it's a maker's forum only, not a audiophool chat-room and it's moderated accordingly as per the introductory message... Took me a while in exile from there to broaden my horizons from my narrower career viewpoint.

DSJR

Major Contributor
C7-XD version reviewed and I think pretty well measured in the Australian version of What HiFi -

As Alan Shaw suggested, I really don't think you can take this design 'as is' any further, as a full re-design here and there is required now I suspect to take it any further. It certainly 'sounds' great to me with a real sense of 'hearing into' a recording withoiut the slightest hint of it being 'shouted' at you.

OP
T

ThoFi

Lately on HUG Alan Shaw discussed coloration.
After several posts he stated that coloration can’t be measured at all and can not be found in the frequency response Or other measurements!
He said coloration is a human subjective issue.
Alan is able to hear coloration and he suggested to listen to the speakers before buying.…
Strange to me because HUGs is / was citizens science, measurements based and now that….?????

OP
T

ThoFi

Just another salesman who feeds the community…

OP
T

ThoFi

Oh, I just saw the thread about the coloration topic

Ingenieur

Lately on HUG Alan Shaw discussed coloration.
After several posts he stated that coloration can’t be measured at all and can not be found in the frequency response Or other measurements!
He said coloration is a human subjective issue.
Alan is able to hear coloration and he suggested to listen to the speakers before buying.…
Strange to me because HUGs is / was citizens science, measurements based and now that….?????
He said it is 'subjective', in other words a reception, not reality.

OP
T

ThoFi

Alan from Harbeth looks like the same storyteller for his community as Paul from PS Audio.

Top Bottom