• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harbeth coming out with a “digital” speaker

DSJR

Major Contributor
There are also a lot anti-science folks who reject controlled listening aka blind perceptual testing, which shows "klippel worship" speakers beating marketing engineering Harbeth types, much to the dismay of the fan club. These are the exact same Krugers who parrot "Trust your ears", with zero cognizance that is, by definition, a blind listening test.
Have you actually spent time listening to music via Harbeths? if not, you need to put personal experience in with the theory - and then go hear it live to put it all in proper perspective.

It doesn't matter really, but the music rules for me and despite dispersion characteristics which I DON'T dispute and passive crossovers, modern Harbeths are still a great if expensive domestic 'tool' to reproduce music with.

Willem

Major Contributor
Not to mention that this thread is about the new active Harbeths, with digital crossovers and class D or even chip amplifiers.

OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The price does tick up incessantly with the following. They weren't a particularly good value when I got them, and now they are 20% more.

I would say he's taken old designs and optimized them about as well as possible. We'll see what else he can wring out of them with active crossover and DSP.

They are a hell of a lot easier to move around than the Revels.

Top Bottom