• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Happy Chrismukkah

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
For anyone that happens to be in the area, the last performance of our local (Tri-Lakes Music Association, Monument, CO) musical group is tomorrow (Sunday Dec 22) at 2 pm. I'll be on stage blowing my brains out... http://www.trilakesmusic.org/

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
For anyone that happens to be in the area, the last performance of our local (Tri-Lakes Music Association, Monument, CO) musical group is tomorrow (Sunday Dec 22) at 2 pm. I'll be on stage blowing my brains out... http://www.trilakesmusic.org/
Give em he-ll Don. ;)

Juhazi

Major Contributor
I am actually quite well informed about Hanukkah, for a Finn. My wife's sister married an USA born jew some 30+ years ago. The father of Aaron is a holocaust survivor without other survived family members. I've been at their eldest son's Bar Mitzwah in 2003 in San Fransisco. The Z family is celebrating both Hanukkah and Christmas like many of their friends, double fun but they don't use word Chrismukkah.

Happy Hanukkah!

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/hanukkah-2019/

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've not seen any of this before, clicked the home page and read the most recent comic, it's got nothing to do with this site...
Or with the holidays. :(

Celty

I'm good for Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. Chrismukkah? No, sorry, I'll use the proper words and homage for both. I know it's meant to be cute and humorous. But in a time when both beliefs are subject to persecution and violence around the world, I'll take the opportunity to recognize the holidays without wordplay.

May this holiday season be a good and peaceful one for all faiths.

Last edited:
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
No, sorry, I'll use the proper words and homage for both. I know it's meant to be cute and humorous. But in a time when both beliefs are subject to persecution and violence around the world, I'll take the opportunity to recognize the holidays without wordplay.
I understand your feeling and tend to agree with them, but yes it is meant to be a humorus way to be at least partially politically correct. When I saw that card on the American Greetings website I thought it would make for lite and happy greeting for almost all.

Celty

I understand your feeling and tend to agree with them, but yes it is meant to be a humorus way to be at least partially politically correct. When I saw that card on the American Greetings website I thought it would make for lite and happy greeting for almost all.
Oh, I'm sure you had nothing but good intent. The problem with political correctness and corporate market think, particularly in connection to religion, is that it can be counted on for a bad outcome. Hence the brain trust decisions to drop any use of "Christmas" or "Hanukkah" by too many businesses in favor of generic politically correct neutered speech to avoid the horrible possibility that any individual should be offended.

When we allow Christianity, Judaism, or the name of any religion or their holidays to be treated like a dirty word to be avoided, I find that to be an offensive act. Ok rant, rant, rant, I'm done! LOL truly, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah!

Last edited:
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
When we allow Christianity, Judaism, or the name of any religion or their holidays to be treated like a dirty word to be avoided, I find that to be an offensive act. Ok rant, rant, rant, I'm done! LOL truly, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah!
Absolutely, but you wouldn't believe the bee's nest of nasty remarks a couple of simple well intended comments by me stirred up around here recently. Just nuts really.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Amazing how introverted, group-think can be. :eek:

Oops, I think there is an oxymoron in there. :facepalm:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I celebrate all the holidays here at Neverland East...

Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Firdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Wombat

Master Contributor

Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Firdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Firdays. I didn't know you are a tree-hugger.
Don't%20tell%20anyone.gif

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I went to this big party when I got out of the Army, and it's never ended..... wOOt.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Wombat

Master Contributor
I think I spotted some ASR avatars in that parade. ;)

Celty

Some furries have such cute costumes, though I guess the conventions are known for much more than furry folk having innocent fun (google Yiff). The dry cleaning bills must be horrendous. :p

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom