• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hans is at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sad to say it, but my fellow countrymen Hans van Beekhuyzen was been at it again. This time with a new video about a passive device that claims to remove noise from streamer network cables. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of linking the video here. Just search youtube for "Network Acoustics ENO Streaming System" :facepalm:

While the video is full of illiterate non-scientific non-sense, what struck me most was the comments section. I had seen that before on many of his videos: it's so creepily positive :eek:. This time however there was a hint of criticism:

Critic said:
Hi Hans, Sad to remark this but blocking negative comments sounds more like you serve the company product selling interests than anything else (your credibility protection - even if that's the case there are better - more "credible" - ways to do this). As no surprise this didn't help my trust in your independence.

To which Hans replies with:

Hans said:
I am not blocking negative comments. I clearly stated that in the video. Every comment will be moderated prior to going public to filter out comments from people that have no experience with the ENO and still think they can have an opinion on the product. Videos on product that improve the ethernet signal for a better sound quality generate a lot of stupid, nasty comments and I don't feel like being insulted time and time over again. I will never - let me rephrase that - I CAN NEVER do reviews that are in any way influenced by the manufacturers or distributor. And I have a 45 year track record to prove it.

So the translation is simple: anyone that has negative comments, and has never heard the products, should shut up, even if those people come with valid criticisms and science to back up their arguments. The fact alone that companies send him free shit to test, is already all the influence needed. Would he make honest objective reviews, very few companies would dare send him stuff. So it's total bullshit. And he knows, has been doing it for 45 years. As for being insulted: well, real insults should be blocked and are really unnecessary and unconstructive, but I have the feeling that an insult is quickly made against Hans. He's so sensitive ;)

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hans van Beekhuyzen
1618469156074.png

JSmith

Geert

Major Contributor
I didn't realize he filtered the comments. It's naive these days's, people will just comment elsewhere where you even have less control. Like we see happening here...

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
bully.jpg

Hayabusa

I'm sad to say it, but my fellow countrymen Hans van Beekhuyzen was been at it again. This time with a new video about a passive device that claims to remove noise from streamer network cables. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of linking the video here. Just search youtube for "Network Acoustics ENO Streaming System" :facepalm:

While the video is full of illiterate non-scientific non-sense, what struck me most was the comments section. I had seen that before on many of his videos: it's so creepily positive :eek:. This time however there was a hint of criticism:

To which Hans replies with:

So the translation is simple: anyone that has negative comments, and has never heard the products, should shut up, even if those people come with valid criticisms and science to back up their arguments. The fact alone that companies send him free shit to test, is already all the influence needed. Would he make honest objective reviews, very few companies would dare send him stuff. So it's total bullshit. And he knows, has been doing it for 45 years. As for being insulted: well, real insults should be blocked and are really unnecessary and unconstructive, but I have the feeling that an insult is quickly made against Hans. He's so sensitive ;)

So lets all order one and listen, give comments and then return within 30 days for full refund :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I watched the video. Company says it reduces noise. He claims it reduces jitter in a DAC. He has gear right behind him that can measure both. But he refuses to use them beyond decoration. It is remarkable to me that his viewers tolerate this level of putting one's head in the sand...

Zoomer

I think for most people it's news that he filters comments in this way. Good to have this in the open.
Page 1 of my Google results for "Hans van Beekhuyzen" already shows an ASR post. So let's keep up the good work and give him a mention here every now and then ;).

Edit: Interestingly, he flaunts his membership of the Audio Engineering Society (AES). I'm not familiar with that organization, but let me quote from their code of conduct:
AES members, participants, attendees, and individual supporters will not... Knowingly be party to the dissemination of false or misleading information.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So lets all order one and listen, give comments and then return within 30 days for full refund :)
It is not so simple. Here are their terms:

"For your own reassurance, we recommend items be returned via a registered post/delivery service to Network Acoustics, at your cost, within the specified days of the shipment date. We recommend that you use a recognised service and insure all items for the full value as stated on your invoice. "

They are located in UK. It would cost probably $100+ to return it that way to them from US.

JSmith

Master Contributor
the video here
Ok... I watched it and I want 19 mins of my life back Hans! :mad:

I hope Hans you read this, but that video is the biggest load of shit I've watched in some time. How on Earth can you keep a straight face and put your name to such garbage? It even brings disrespect the the city of Utrecht it's that bad. :facepalm:

JSmith

Vict0r

It even brings disrespect the the city of Utrecht it's that bad. :facepalm:

Not quite sure who's exaggerating more here, Hans or you. :p

diddley

Forum Donor
I didn't realize he filtered the comments. It's naive these days's, people will just comment elsewhere where you even have less control. Like we see happening here...

When you only see positive and "Thank Hans bla bla bla", then you know there is moderation and censorship.
It's good to portray Hans for what he is, a charlatan and much more.
BTW he is getting bigger or is my screen getting smaller? something with my eyes:eek:

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't watched the video, nor will I, but my totally prejudiced view is that there's precious little of value on Youtube, and what there is, is tainted by association just by being on the same platform with the charlatans.

A 'normal' person interested in the subject can't easily tell who's lying and who's truthful, so either ends up believing the lies, or ignoring the truth.

That's why I was somewhat dismayed to see ASR videos going onto YouTube rather then being hosted on an ASR server. A greater number of views from YouTube is no reason to risk being associated with the rubbish.

S

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's why I was somewhat dismayed to see ASR videos going onto YouTube rather then being hosted on an ASR server. A greater number of views from YouTube is no reason to risk being associated with the rubbish.

That's a little "short though the corner", as we Dutchies like to call it ;). YouTube also hosts some excellent channels with very good information. It's like not going to the supermarket because they also sell food that you don't like. Besides, hosting video is no easy picnic, best let the experts do that.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
YouTube also hosts some excellent channels with very good information.
The problem is knowing which are which.
We can easily scoff at this one because we know a bit about the subject but when we go to another, hoping to learn something about a subject where we know nothing, we have no way of knowing whether we have fallen on a video which is the equivalent level of lies and bs but on the subject about which we know nothing.

That is the problem, people looking for buying advice about hifi have a huge number of places they can go on Youtube to be totally and comprehensively misinformed and very few where they won't be and no way of knowing which is which.

My wife is confident she can tell which are bone fide when she is watching but IME she is actually not capable of doing so outside her zone of expertise.
I don't take the risk, I don't trust the internet to get reliable facts at all.

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is the problem, people looking for buying advice about hifi have a huge number of places they can go on Youtube to be totally and comprehensively misinformed and very few where they won't be and no way of knowing which is which.

That just pleads for putting the information on Youtube. The more counter information is present, the more people will start to doubt. People use Youtube. They use it to find information (regardless of credibility). They don't go to ASR to get it. If you are not on Youtube, you have no chance that those people will ever find you. That only enhances the problem of misinformation.

I don't take the risk, I don't trust the internet to get reliable facts at all.

Then it doesn't really matter where you post it ;)

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I gave up on Hans An his echo chamber. It Cost valuable energie :facepalm:.

ctrl

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This time with a new video about a passive device that claims to remove noise from streamer network cables. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of linking the video here. Just search youtube for "Network Acoustics ENO Streaming System"
I wonder every time such a product is referenced here on the forum, why the manufacturers aren't charged with fraud.

On the other hand, if you go to the website and read the product descriptions, it becomes clear that a lawyer very likely assisted in the wording of the product description.

Source (emphasis by me): https://www.networkacoustics.com/
General description:
These products have no effect on the data flow, the zeros and ones remain unchanged, instead they remove interference, allowing the receiving circuitry in your device to perform to its full potential.
If you value air, space, pace, dynamism, clarity, detail and above all, realism in your music, then we invite you to try any of our products in your system. Plug one of our products in and we think you’ll be amazed, if not shocked, by how much more you can hear in your music, and how capable your equipment really is.

The product description itself is then formulated even more cautiously:
ENO filters out electrical noise, which would otherwise be delievered via the ethernet cable into you sensitive audio equipment, without effecting the crucial data stream.
So they dropped the phrase regarding "full potential" to make absolutely sure that no one can claim improvement.
Add an ENO to your system and we think you’ll find the effect is nothing short of stunning.

Yep, I can well imagine how stunned I'll be when I spend $1000 on a device that has no effect at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom