• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

gustard

Audio Company
The X26PRO model has only one hardware version. Other hardware versions correspond to other models.

Therefore, we can confidently believe that the situation in the first test in the theme is because the firmware does not match.

A B C We have explained before that different models of machines are in use, and some are customized products for other purposes, not the GUSTARD brand. This is not an upgrade or a downgrade. Just to distinguish the difference between the products used.

The firmware version number segment uses a separate string for editing, you can write anything you want. Of course, it can only be within 16 digits, which means that the maximum numeric value corresponds to the letter "F".

We are avoiding confusion.

Last edited:

taner

@gustard how are we going to distinguish that we have proper firmware version or not like @amirm ? Does we need to buy some expensive measurement equipment in order to know about right version or not?

Last edited:

taner

I did not. I read that there is a firmware fix but not a link. Was there one?
If you do the firmware upgrade can you note which version (A,B,C .. ) you have currently please? This will be very helpful to other owners.

Last edited:

gustard

Audio Company
@gustard how are we going to distinguish that we have proper firmware version or not like @amirm ? Does we need to buy some expensive measurement equipment in order to know about right version or not?

No, you don't need it. You only need to open the drive control panel and confirm that the firmware is F.1A to correspond to the current X26PRO.

1a.png

Maybe there are more units with version errors than we expected. Here we apologize again

X26PRO has only one hardware version since its release.
Therefore, the corresponding firmware version can be determined.

Perhaps hardware version updates are inevitable in the product life cycle, but a sufficiently mature product can maintain a fixed hardware version until the day when it is replaced by an upgraded model.

gustard

Audio Company
If you do the firmware upgrade can you please note which version (A,B,C .. ) you have currently please? This will be very helpful to other owners.

If X26PRO has a firmware update, we plan to use the version starting with F.2. Don't worry about those A B C

deafenears

Forum Donor
@gustard , can a firmware update correct the font for sample rate / volume? Swapping it around so volume is shown larger as many have suggested in this thread?

taner

No, you don't need it. You only need to open the drive control panel and confirm that the firmware is F.1A to correspond to the current X26PRO.

View attachment 138998

Maybe there are more units with version errors than we expected. Here we apologize again

X26PRO has only one hardware version since its release.
Therefore, the corresponding firmware version can be determined.

Perhaps hardware version updates are inevitable in the product life cycle, but a sufficiently mature product can maintain a fixed hardware version until the day when it is replaced by an upgraded model.

Thanks, simply vF.1A corresponds the correct firmware revision for X26Pro. So, any other owner with different revision should consider re-flash the firmware.

alek19000

If there are reasonable reasons, I think I can refuse to show various versions here to avoid confusion.

Because the difference between A B C is actually matching different machine models, it must be inappropriate to put it here.

Judging from time is also invalid, because the development time of the machine varies, and the time for project establishment is also different. Perhaps an earlier firmware time appeared on a machine that was released later.

Here you say " the difference between A B C is actually matching different machine models"

So A B C are for different machine models, which must be different hardwares ? I guess???
So for X26PRO , this specific model ,why it has A, and C???
When you just release the A as upgrade, is it mean the model is different ????

taner

It seems I have the correct revision:
Code:
  idVendor           0x20b1 XMOS Ltd
  idProduct          0x3033
  bcdDevice            f.1a
  iManufacturer           1 Gustard
  iProduct                3 Gustard USB Audio 2.0

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Here you say " the difference between A B C is actually matching different machine models"

So for X26PRO , this specific model ,why it has A, and C???
When you just release the A as upgrade, is it mean the model is different ????
Doesn't matter. Simply vF.1A is the correct firmware and accept it.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
OK, seems fine to me,
but as a software engineer, I saw they say it is an upgrade from C to A, which pissed me off.
Upgrade firmware means changing firmware. It doesn't necessarily mean "upgrade" it's just a process. And you know that.

gustard

Audio Company
OK, seems fine to me,
but as a software engineer, I saw they say it is an upgrade from C to A, which pissed me off.

Just take it as a different version if you don't like this kind of 'upgrade'.

linger63

@gustard , can a firmware update correct the font for sample rate / volume? Swapping it around so volume is shown larger as many have suggested in this thread?

Maybe just as many.....or more........are happy with the Display as it is.
OK as long it's optional.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I confirmed that the firmware was the problem as Coax input was fine. I upgraded to the "A" revision and the but is gone and there is significant improvement in two measurements:

Gustard X26Pro filter Fixed Measurements RCA USB DAC.png

Gustav X26Pro THD+N vs Frequency Fixed Measurements Balanced USB DAC.png

Gustav X26Pro Multitone Fixed Measurements RCA USB DAC.png

The only odd thing is that maximum output dropped to 4.77 volts. SINAD in the dashboard remains the same as 119 dB but max SINAD is now 121 dB. @gustard, was this level supposed to happen? I am using the new ASIO driver that I had to install for the firmware. Before I was using Windows class driver.

taner

I confirmed that the firmware was the problem as Coax input was fine. I upgraded to the "A" revision and the but is gone and there is significant improvement in two measurements:

Will you update all measurements including dynamic range?

EDIT: @WolfX-700 's measurements don't exhibit such 4.77V issue. https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-gustard-x26-pro/

It is very unfortunate for Gustard and SHENZENAUDIO for sending an example with incorrect firmware. This mistake could diminish all efforts they put on x26pro if @gustard didn't react early. Hope this unacceptable mistake would be a good lesson for Gustard Quality Control team.

Last edited:
Top Bottom