• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X26Pro firmware release (F20 beta)

Blue42

This is a magnificent DAC. Well done! I have the F.1a firmware. Any reason to upgrade (Windows 11 / USB)? I have no issues so far. Where is the official site to download firmware upgrades when they are final? Thank you!

christal

As far as I know there are only two firmware versions - yours and F20 which is available for download in the first post of this thread.

Blue42

Gustard: please give us an update. Even just say 'working on it'. Anything........

Blue42

I just emailed someone through the Gustard website. The first response said it wasn't possible to update the firmware and the second email said there are no firmware updates. This is odd at best......

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just emailed someone through the Gustard website. The first response said it wasn't possible to update the firmware and the second email said there are no firmware updates. This is odd at best......
Did you provided the FW link from here ?

So they can see you aren't kidding (or mistake) ?

Blue42

I would like the Gustard poster here to comment some time soon.

Gradius

His last post here was from Oct 2021 !

What hopes can you have from?

He won't access since Apr 27, 2022 (probably left?).

Is a real pitty, as I'm still interested on X18, but w/o any support, no thanks.

Lucaxxaa

Hello, what is the last firmware for x26pro, and where I can find?
Thank you

Tom Tran

Hello,
I accidentally upgraded my u18 with x26pro firmware. Can anyone show me where I can download the u18 firmware to fix this please?
Thank you!

Gradius

Hello,
I accidentally upgraded my u18 with x26pro firmware. Can anyone show me where I can download the u18 firmware to fix this please?
Thank you!

If you are lucky, your unit didn't entered into a "stuck" state. Otherwise only with JTAG to unblock the access and flash the correct firmware.

You'll need to contact them directly: [email protected]

The other way (harder) would be by desoldering the Flash EEPROM, reprogramming on a PC with a flash programmer, and resoldering again (need tools, skills, binary files, etc).

Good luck.

PS: I did plently recovering stuff by using JTAG myself (SFP fiber module, FTTH equipment, WiFi router, etc).

Last edited:
Top Bottom