• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard x26 pro - Poor QC

dandaroy

Bought a x26 pro from Amazon through Aoshida Hifi. Glad it is prime item with free return. Upon opening the box, I noticed that something something was rattling around inside when I titled the box one way or the other. Opened it up and took a while to figure out that one of the hex bolts holding a bracket connecting the front and side panel was loose. Fixed it and noticed the other bracket was loose as well. Also when I closed the box, it took a while to line up everywhere before tightening the bolts. Tolerancing isn’t good.

The unit came with no instructions whatsoever. Had to read up online to figure out how to configure the USB driver and download latest beta firmware. Again, the beta firmware was found here, no mention on Gustard China website. Then came the biggest source of irritation. The power switch stays suck either in ON or OFF. I had to open the top panel again to look inside and the switch is a plastic piece of crap which is obviously not working in my unit. Given it is a moving part, the cheap quality indicates it bound to fail many times. Before I pack up the unit and send it back, I am giving Aoshida one chance to rectify the situation. I had a Topping D90 before and the build quality and the boxing and instructions were stellar.

Very underwhelming Gustard!

linger63

Bought a x26 pro from Amazon through Aoshida Hifi. Glad it is prime item with free return. Upon opening the box, I noticed that something something was rattling around inside when I titled the box one way or the other. Opened it up and took a while to figure out that one of the hex bolts holding a bracket connecting the front and side panel was loose. Fixed it and noticed the other bracket was loose as well. Also when I closed the box, it took a while to line up everywhere before tightening the bolts. Tolerancing isn’t good.

The unit came with no instructions whatsoever. Had to read up online to figure out how to configure the USB driver and download latest beta firmware. Again, the beta firmware was found here, no mention on Gustard China website. Then came the biggest source of irritation. The power switch stays suck either in ON or OFF. I had to open the top panel again to look inside and the switch is a plastic piece of crap which is obviously not working in my unit. Given it is a moving part, the cheap quality indicates it bound to fail many times. Before I pack up the unit and send it back, I am giving Aoshida one chance to rectify the situation. I had a Topping D90 before and the build quality and the boxing and instructions were stellar.

Very underwhelming Gustard!

That's very strange.

I am in Australia and got my X26 Pro shipped from Shenzhen Audio in China.
Arrived quickly, was well packed and has beautiful build quality.
Don't use USB so no idea there.
I had a Topping D90 before and consider the X26 Pro to be a clear step up in build quality.

I would expect that if you polled all X26 Pro owners they would have had similar experience to me.

Very interested to hear how this all turns out.

Top Bottom