• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard x26 or lks mh-da004 or SMSL VMV D1 or audio gd d27

Izzik

Hi l am new here.
I am From israel and my English is poor.
I am folwing the discussion in this forum gor a long time.
I am in the market for a new dac with volum.
Is there an absolute best from this grup ?
Or is there any another suggestion ?

ghostfox

I would choose the RME ADI-2 DAC or the Chord Qutest because of great performance.

OP
I

Izzik

The qutest is 600$ over the x26, snd to mach for me

OP
I

Izzik

I am looking for the best i cen get for up to $1200.
I am going to conect it to thiel cs7.2 and accuphase p600.

Hemi-Demon

Opinions
-If you are using single ended primarily, and you like bright and detailed -Qutest
-balanced and you primarily source from USB, VMV D1
-balanced and you primarily source from coaxial-gustard. The new ess USB dac still has some kinks
-if you need MQA and a high end DAC, the only option right now is the Matrix Pro MQA, at $2000 US. No one has sent one to amirm for review yet, so tread/spend cautiously.
-might want to leave the Audio-Gd alone. Especially at the higher price point. Very poor measurements across multiple devices, questionable warranty servicing for high cost item, I also don't fancy the amanero chips due to noise and driver issues.

The okto has a 9028 inside, no mqa, not a ton of reliability data, since it's a new product, but it sure measure rather impressively!

I would get the Gustard, SMSL D1, or RME ADI-2. Any one of these are great choices and you would not be disappointed.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am looking for the best i cen get for up to $1200.
I am going to conect it to thiel cs7.2 and accuphase p600.

If I had that much money to spend on a DAC right now, my choice will go on the RME ADI-2 DAC.
Why?
Excellent performance as a DAC (see Amir's review & measurements)
Excellent headphones out (1 ohm or less impedance)
DSP included
Volume knob
German quality.

Last edited:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The RME ADI-2 looks like a fine choice to me. At $1100ish US for a great DAC, Amp, and control, it seems like more bang for buck to me than the very highly touted $400 Massdrop 789 amp.

The only benefit I see on the 789 over my Atom is balanced output...which I see no value in. The RME does a lot more, and seems to do it well. I wish it had an analog input to make it a complete preamp.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The RME ADI-2 looks like a fine choice to me. At $1100ish US for a great DAC, Amp, and control, it seems like more bang for buck to me than the very highly touted $400 Massdrop 789 amp.

I wouldn't call the ADi-2 DAC "bang for the buck" cause it is already A LOT of bucks.
But as Amir wrote, for once it's a unit for which you pay more and you get more.

I was able to grab the SMSL D1 on Massdrop for $900, for that price it was worth it.

Top Bottom