• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 - DAC mode?

wimawow

I heard the Gustard X16 has a DAC mode where the volume is fixed. The instructions I have are to point the remote to the X16 and hold down the DAC button. This does not seem to work. Does anyone else have an X16 and can tell me how to put it DAC mode? Thanks in advance.

AudiOhm

The Gustard X16 is a DAC, and as far as I can see only has analog outputs.

The 3 second push of the DAC button puts it in DAC mode. (this may be settings access).

From the manual:
* DAC-X16 uses the new remote control, please press and hold the DAC key for more
than 3 seconds to enter the DAC operation mode.

I do not see anything in the manual that references The DAC operation mode as a fixed output.

Ohms

Nordling

I own the Gustard X16 DAC and as far as I know, the volume cannot be fixed. The 'DAC operation mode' is for telling the remote control that it has to communicate with the DAC.

kenS

I'm running the X16 directly into my Benchmark amp and active sub amp. I'm feeding it with the USB input and I run Roon exclusively. For the life of me I can't get the X16 volume control to work either with the wheel or remote. The display shows the volume changing but it has no effect on the sound. Adjusting it on my iPad in Roon with it set to DSP in Roon does work. How do I get the X16 volume control to work?

Top Bottom