• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Tofffsy

Hard to live time for people who listen to components. I suggest you to learn music listening a few days waiting that your already obsolete device arrive

PortableMusic

"Hard to live time for people who listen to components. I suggest you to learn music listening a few days waiting that your already obsolete device arrive"

may i ask what that means please? i can't figure it out. thank you in advance.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Hard to live time for people who listen to components. I suggest you to learn music listening a few days waiting that your already obsolete device arrive
So you have a degree in music theory or you just like to listen?

madugo

got mine set up for a couple days with a few hours listen in, a damn good dac...

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I've cancelled my order and now I am happy. At the end, I consider MQA as commercial bullshit and I just have to wait another product without this technology inside. And in the specific case of the x16, more than bullshit, MQA was the main ingredient for the cancellation. Well done.

SwissBear

Forum Donor
Hi @gustard ,
I noticed in the user manual of the X-16 that there was a NOS (non oversampling mode) in this DAC.
Could you please inform me how the clock signal would be calculated in this mode in case of I2S input usage ?
Would the clock signal be derived from the I2S input flow or is the DAC using its own clock ?
Thanks

Veri

Master Contributor
Could you please inform me how the clock signal would be calculated in this mode in case of I2S input usage ?
NOS likely means to put OSF bypass flag to '1', disabling the oversampling filter. Why do you think the clock would be derived any differently in NOS mode? It will not affect the clocking.

SwissBear

Forum Donor
NOS likely means to put OSF bypass flag to '1', disabling the oversampling filter. Why do you think the clock would be derived any differently in NOS mode? It will not affect the clocking.
Some DACs, like the x-Sabre from Matrix Audio, offer the choice to use the input clock signal or to use the internal clock.
I am interested to know if this is part of the NOS mode or not.

Veri

Master Contributor
Some DACs, like the x-Sabre from Matrix Audio, offer the choice to use the input clock signal or to use the internal clock.
I am interested to know if this is part of the NOS mode or not.
I understand the question, I'm afraid X16 has no such feature..
@gustard can probably confirm if you want.

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Thanks to all who have responded to my query. I am perfectly willing to wait. It is much easier to wait with the updates some of you have shared.

Happy Listening.

gustard

Audio Company
Hi @gustard ,
I noticed in the user manual of the X-16 that there was a NOS (non oversampling mode) in this DAC.
Would the clock signal be derived from the I2S input flow or is the DAC using its own clock ?
Thanks
Use IIS clock

Top Bottom