• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

kopczas

NOTE: The delivery time is in the middle of this month, we will deliver the goods in order, thank you for your understanding.

This statement shows that Gustard has some overall problem.

ABall

Forum Donor
NOTE: The delivery time is in the middle of this month, we will deliver the goods in order, thank you for your understanding.

This statement shows that Gustard has some overall problem.
So about 4 days away, good news...... :)

santon

A rich positive review and 30 pages for a product that does'nt even exist.
Amazing !

ps. i had ordered it but canceled the day I got the multirecipient email from a known seller.

Veri

Master Contributor
Anyone know if the included filters are linear phase or minimum phase?
I’m guessing L in L-Fast and M in M-slow refer to the phase?
See my comment here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...x16-balanced-mqa-dac-review.17419/post-564176
If you compare with other ESS DAC like DX7 Pro you can learn which ones they used in this chip. From comparison, it should be brickwall, apodising and linear slow. The "apodising" filter in Sabre chips has been shown to also be a minimum phase variant, not linear.

ShadowNeko

See my comment here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...x16-balanced-mqa-dac-review.17419/post-564176
If you compare with other ESS DAC like DX7 Pro you can learn which ones they used in this chip. From comparison, it should be brickwall, apodising and linear slow. The "apodising" filter in Sabre chips has been shown to also be a minimum phase variant, not linear.
But if you compare with the filters on the su9 it lines up with H-Fast to Fast Hybrid L-Fast to Fast Linear and M-Slow to Slow Minimum
1607798640088.png
1607798626750.png

cbayschm

Forum Donor
So, any news about delays? Has anyone got info about shipping?

For me they said fastest would be before Christmas, still in certification.

But they haven't given me a final date, first they said December 10th, then 15-20th. Now, best case scenario before Christmas.... I think we are in for a wait.

I am inside China, bought through Taobao.

witchdoctor

Its not unusual for a manufacturer to ship a one off item to a reviewer, get a glowing review, collect checks on said review, and use that as seed money to fund production.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Its not unusual for a manufacturer to ship a one off item to a reviewer, get a glowing review, collect checks on said review, and use that as seed money to fund production.

yes except that they don't distribute the product themselves, they don't have my money (yet), the website i ordered from does.

Top Bottom