• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm in no good lying. It's basically known by everyone in Chinese HiFi field.
And well shit. You asked for you got it. I'm not worried about any trouble this will cause. As this will give even more detail than what's known by "everyone".
Gustard simply did not apply for certification for A22 A18 and X16. And recently MQA restricted certification in China. There was only British people dealing with us originally. Now they got Chinese representatives/people. And this is basically what happened. A18 and X16 are banned for selling for now. Hence until they got certification right, you guys can't get your X16. A18 is basically dead already due to fire in AKM chip factory. We will run out of 4499 too pretty soon.
If you get a better source, correct me if I'm wrong. But I'll leave it as is. Because I'm also very transparent about issues on products I designed. The volume knob, the fuses, ground loop etc.

Ugh this is a mess. Do you know why they thought they could get away with this shady business?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Ugh this is a mess. Do you know why they thought they could get away with this shady business?
Idk but one reason might be the language barrier or they simply didn't know the right way to do it. Either bad intention or not. I'm in no way telling. I don't want trouble directly commenting on them since I don't know their intention or struggle one may say.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Idk but one reason might be the language barrier or they simply didn't know the right way to do it. Either bad intention or not. I'm in no way telling. I don't want trouble directly commenting on them since I don't know their intention or struggle one may say.
As far as I know it going through the certification process so it's only a matter of time,same as Toppings, FiiO,IFI,etc.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
As far as I know it going through the certification process so it's only a matter of time.
Is now but not was.
And yes it's a matter of time if you want to call it that way.
These distributor are all pretty good in this regard so it's not like people are losing money or anything.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Is now but not was.
And yes it's a matter of time if you want to call it that way.
These distributor are all pretty good in this regard so it's not like people are losing money or anything.
The mix up was between ESS,Gustard, but MQA gonna endorse this ESS chip with MQA built in, it ain't on MQA site yet but it will be, feel sorry for AKM and the fire and all.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The mix up was between ESS,Gustard, but MQA gonna endorse this ESS chip with MQA built in, it ain't on MQA site yet but it will be, feel sorry for AKM and the fire and all.
Not really what you think what happened.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Are you allowed to talk about the certification procedure or you signed NDAs?
Idk but I'll tell. Just send your almost finished product to MQA and they will check it for you. This process is before the release of the product. And the guys in between/related will give you some other test files to test playability and pop noise etc.

Morla

Forum Donor
..man if we are talking months that's disappointing. I hoped for 2020.

Morla

Forum Donor
where did you order from?

hifigo. Those ppl managed to leak all their x16 customers using CC instead of BCC in their delay announcement mail :facepalm:

.. I mean come on China there was a time when you could buy any software down there for the price of the cdrom but now MQA can forbid selling the goods!

Just kidding. Still disappointed

dmac6419

Major Contributor
What are the.reasons for you to prefer the X16 over the SU-9?
I bought it,it has all the features that I want,besides I have the m200,figured I help keep Gustard in business,plus it has a new chip.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Time is on my side

shut-up-.jpg

Top Bottom