• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

mwlf

what's the password for the archive?

found it: I know this is not an official stable firmware

Last edited:

wikaudio

Please share testing firmware again. I tried the GitHub TIDAL Connect on your Gustard R26 method but I can't connect via ssh, Gustard asks for root password. So only you can help.

Zaurux

Please share testing firmware again. I tried the GitHub TIDAL Connect on your Gustard R26 method but I can't connect via ssh, Gustard asks for root password. So only you can help.
You try sudo ?
Code:
# sudo passwd

Last edited:

BillyKueek

According to change log software version 1v4 for streamer part of R26 solved some loud pop at beginning of DSD playback, when you encounter such a problems you could bother to update. It is hard to give you advice about player on OSX, I'm Linux user. My good old friend uses OSX and now experiments with HQ player and Roon. Source is Tidal. For local files playback can be HQ player good choice especially if you are after EQ or other sound modification.
I do not have the "loud pop" problem. Ahhh a friend just gave me s Dell OptiPlex 7070 which I can just use the same dock as my mac and play music from PC. However, i have not touched a PC or decades so I don't even know what player to download for my collection of DSD, WAV and FLAC files. FLAC seems to play with what came with windows but only at 48

migo77

I do not have the "loud pop" problem. Ahhh a friend just gave me s Dell OptiPlex 7070 which I can just use the same dock as my mac and play music from PC. However, i have not touched a PC or decades so I don't even know what player to download for my collection of DSD, WAV and FLAC files. FLAC seems to play with what came with windows but only at 48
I don't use Windows, but HQplayer may be good choice for playing DSD, but it is not cheap. :( There should be some free options too.

BillyKueek

I don't use Windows, but HQplayer may be good choice for playing DSD, but it is not cheap. :( There should be some free options too.
Thank you once again! I appreciate you taking time to reply me as I am a complete dummy.

BillyKueek

HQplayer is good for more advanced processing aka. resampling and/or EQing. Try Foobar2000, it is free and may suit your needs.
I will be staying with iOS for now. Someone has recommended that I stream from Qobuz abd use Roon for LAN connection with the R26. All these are a lot fr me to grasp.

migo77

What you prefer about x26pro. I ll like to change my smsl su-9 for x26pro
To my ears X26Pro is more transparent with more resolution and fine details. But I think I'm negatively biased by R26 not so good multitone measuremnt that is on the edge with 16bit resolution, I'm only human and cant hear distortion/difference between 16bit resolution and 21bit of the X26pro, right? :)

Last edited:

Lucaxxaa

To my ears X26Pro is more transparent with more resolution and fine details. But I think I'm negatively biased by R26 not so good multitone measuremnt that is on the edge with 16bit resolution, I only human and cant hear distortion/difference between 16bit resolution and 21bit of the X26pro, right? :)
Yes we are all human, ☺️

Zaurux

I received my A26 today but I can't see it with a USB-C cable. I have tried 2 cables. On the network I have Gustard and ssh but I don't know the root password... so I'm a bit stuck to explore.

migo77

I received my A26 today but I can't see it with a USB-C cable. I have tried 2 cables. On the network I have Gustard and ssh but I don't know the root password... so I'm a bit stuck to explore.
You need to inject ssh key to device first, Gustard will not tell you root password I think! :)

Zaurux

I tried everything on my win10 laptop... on a winPE Serguei key, booting on an Ubuntu key... impossible to "see" the A26 card.
Under W10, I have "unknown device" and under Ubuntu... Nothing, only the laptop disk and the boot key (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb).
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do this, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it.

In conclusion, I'm not ready to switch to ssh. :rolleyes:

migo77

I tried everything on my win10 laptop... on a winPE Serguei key, booting on an Ubuntu key... impossible to "see" the A26 card.
Under W10, I have "unknown device" and under Ubuntu... Nothing, only the laptop disk and the boot key (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb).
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do this, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it.

In conclusion, I'm not ready to switch to ssh. :rolleyes:
Have you tried another USB cable? For me second one worked...

Zaurux

I'm going to test with a 3rd cable (that of my Google Pixel).. but the cables seem to work (power off, the power button lights up when connected).

Do you have a reliable Gustard support email?

migo77

I'm going to test with a 3rd cable (that of my Google Pixel).. but the cables seem to work (power off, the power button lights up when connected).

Do you have a reliable Gustard support email?
usb-c to usb-c cables was no go for me. I've to use old usb-c to usb 2.0 from LG V30

Zaurux

usb-c to usb-c cables was no go for me. I've to use old usb-c to usb 2.0 from LG V30
Are you working and connecting the Gustard under Linux ? If you are doing it under windows, can you please look at the device manager and tell me how it is recognized and with which driver? Still no connection for me :rolleyes:

migo77

Are you working and connecting the Gustard under Linux ? If you are doing it under windows, can you please look at the device manager and tell me how it is recognized and with which driver? Still no connection for me :rolleyes:
Linux, sorry.

Zaurux

I took out my Rpi (which I was using as a piCorePlayer NAA). After putting everything back in place, here is what the lines look like:

Code:
stef@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo lsusb -v -t
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/4p, 5000M
    ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/1p, 480M
    ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
        ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
        |__ Port 4: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
            |__ Port 3: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ch341, 12M
                ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter
            |__ Port 4: Dev 9, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 12M
                ID 1f3a:efe8 Allwinner Technology sunxi SoC OTG connector in FEL/flashing mode

The Gustard card is detected with 2 devices (USB serial and AllWinner) but it is impossible to communicate with the right driver under Windows.
I still think that the card is not in the right "state".
Code:
__ Port 3: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ch341, 12M
                ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter
            |__ Port 4: Dev 9, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 12M
                ID 1f3a:efe8 Allwinner Technology sunxi SoC OTG connector in FEL/flashing mode
Do you have the same status? sunxi SoC OTG connector in FEL/flashing mode

And under linux you see a device like /dev/sda or sdb?
Nothing for me.. just Raspi partitions.. nothing in dmesg too.. :(
I have read and tried some solutions under windows (e.g. Zadig to install dirvers) but nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom