• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard H16 Remote

wimawow

Is the remote that comes with the H16 headphone amp suppose to control volume and settings on this amp? Because it does not see to do anything. It does operate my X16 and seems to work with it. In fact, it looks exactly the same. If the remote is suppose to work with the H16, I'd like to get it working. Thanks.

Sukram

You can switch from Amp to DAC. The remote works with both.

OP
W

wimawow

Thank you, This works. I just need to know how to configure the X16 so that it outputs at max level all the time? Is there a way to fix the output to the max all the time. I would like to not have to do it using the Volume Control but I'll settle if there is no other option.

Thank you in advance for your help. I have asked Gustard and Shenzhen for these answers but getting a response has been slow. From what I have been reading, this is typical so I appreciate getting some answers from anyone knowledgable :)

Sukram

the screen of the X16 is very small. You'll have to do the settings with the center button and the wheel.
You have to set the output from variable to fixed.

OP
W

wimawow

I received some information from other members in this group. They told me it is not possible to configure this device from variable to fixed output. I have no reason to not believe this as this is my experience too. My question is answered.

ArthurPug

How do you like it? I prefer the sound to my prior SMSL, fuller bodied - but am concerned with how hot it runs. Having a remote was key to my purchase decision

Top Bottom