• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Gussing formula of jitter

Since English is not my first language, hope you can understand.

I think jitter has the simplest formula like this:
jitter=j+f(data,temperature)+factorsA(I don't know)
j is an initial fix value which determined by your audio system.Generally if your system doesn't change ,this value is a constant value.
f is a function, and it has two parameters, one is data, data is the audio data you are playing. And temperature is the temperature inside DAC.

This is just my imagination...
I wish one day we would erase jitter.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The reason for jitter is usually lack of good design. Vast majority of time it is dealt with effectively though as far as it being audible.

When the design is not good, yes, it is caused by power, data, and maybe temperature and day of the month. :)

jsrtheta

Since English is not my first language, hope you can understand.

I think jitter has the simplest formula like this:
jitter=j+f(data,temperature)+factorsA(I don't know)
j is an initial fix value which determined by your audio system.Generally if your system doesn't change ,this value is a constant value.
f is a function, and it has two parameters, one is data, data is the audio data you are playing. And temperature is the temperature inside DAC.

This is just my imagination...
I wish one day we would erase jitter.
Jitter is not really a problem.

Top Bottom