• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Grimm Audio LS1BE- why so expensive?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I mean it's a 2- way with an 8 inch woofer and 1 inch beryllium tweeter.
Yes obviously the dry specs don't tell the whole story but I just don't understand what's so special about them that makes them worth $30,000 per pair.
Snake Oil and marketing. ;)

mar1o

"We added a new Beryllium tweeter, which was co-developed with Seas. It extends the frequency range and has 9 dB less distortion than our original tweeter." (https://www.grimmaudio.com/hifi-products/loudspeakers/ls1be/)

It does not tell what kind of distortion, but I guess their statements are in some way true. Sadly I didn't listen to original and be in comparison. But I could assume, that lower distortion is always nice to have, when you want to turn up the volume. Sound-wise I do not have a lot experience relating to different cone materials.
Would really like to get a pair (or even three pieces for FL,C,FR) of these be-Tweeters. Just saw them in an inwall Speaker from Meridian Audio, too. But not 100% sure, if they share the exact same parameters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom