• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Grimm Audio at the Munich Hi-End

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Grimm Audio showed their LS1 BE speaker’s with motional feedback subwoofers and their new MU1 ‘Swiss army knife’ all in one source.

Keith

Aaron Garrett

Thanks. Love the look, although I think they could pick more interesting music. It looks like you can connect the LS1 controller directly to it, which is very sensible. I assume that I will be able to run ROON Core on it for my Dutch & Dutch system as well.

maty

Major Contributor
Well, I already commented that they have a very good cable.

GRIMM Star Quad Master balanced audio cable XLR-TRS, 60 cm

index.php

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks. Love the look, although I think they could pick more interesting music. It looks like you can connect the LS1 controller directly to it, which is very sensible. I assume that I will be able to run ROON Core on it for my Dutch & Dutch system as well.QUOTE]
I believe so, Guido told me that any and every source could be accommodated .
We will prefer one when they are available.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A long and intricate list of features and specification is expected!
How are you using the Mu?
Keith

Aaron Garrett

At the moment I'm just using it as a Roon endpoint to the D & D 8cs. I'll use it with the Grimms when D & D gets the Roon update (if they ever do!), or perhaps sooner. It's still kind of buggy and some of the functionality is yet to be implemented via software -- I don't think the FM tuner is working yet. But the sound quality is insane, in fact it's strange that it sounds so much better. It doesn't make sense to me. I was upgrading from a Raspberry Pi endpoint through a miniDSP. I'm running the Grimm through the miniDSP as well. But whatever changed has really unlocked the potential of the D & Ds (wife confirmed -- not just me). I will compare the Antipodes, maybe the improvement is not the Grimm but just no Raspberry Pi.
Anyway very cool looking, tons of functionality.

Aaron Garrett

Were you running the miniDSP's analog outs to the 8Cs? I'm wondering what could have caused this improvement.

It is set up the same -- XLR out. I did switch to Grimm cables but that wouldn't do it! Very weird. I will see if the improvement is still there from my Antipodes USB to the Mini-DSP XLR out. I do agree with you, it's probably due to something like that, it's too big of a change.

Top Bottom