• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Grimani Rixos

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lots of manufacturers that have overpriced products that underperform. From speakers to amplifiers and DAC's.

Again. Not saying that Grimani is that kind of manufacturers.

My interpretation is different. If anything, the measured performance of active systems here generally shows that the underlying subsystem performance is not terribly material.

mga2009

My interpretation is different. If anything, the measured performance of active systems here generally shows that the underlying subsystem performance is not terribly material.

But you think that occurs because active speakers use good ADC/DAC/AMP? Or because SQ wise, the advantages of an active speaker (PEQ, STEEP XO, etc.) outperform the differences existing in a passive speaker between a standard quality DAC/AMP vs a SOTA DAC/AMP?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But you think that occurs because active speakers use good ADC/DAC/AMP? Or because SQ wise, the advantages of an active speaker (PEQ, STEEP XO, etc.) outperform the differences existing in a passive speaker between a standard quality DAC/AMP vs a SOTA DAC/AMP?

Neither. The advantage comes from someone who knows what they’re doing integrating the subsystems, as opposed to some hobbyist throwing boxes together.

mga2009

Neither. The advantage comes from someone who knows what they’re doing integrating the subsystems, as opposed to some hobbyist throwing boxes together.
That's just a subjective opinion that I don't share. Hobbyist "throwing boxes" may have excellent performance. Check the Directiva project.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's just a subjective opinion that I don't share. Hobbyist "throwing boxes" may have excellent performance. Check the Directiva project.

What does that have to do with hobbyists throwing together various electronics boxes, compared to professional audio engineers integrating a system?

Top Bottom