• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Grimani Rixos

q3cpma

Major Contributor
https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/grimani-rixos popped into my feed and I noticed that they provide a spinorama for their Rixos M that seems really good. Anyone has experience with this brand?

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• 2021-10-15_18:30:41.png
    2021-10-15_18:30:41.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 2021-10-15_18:33:02.png
    2021-10-15_18:33:02.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,391

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not but that looks like a spinorama from Sausalito Audio. Curiously last I checked they do their early reflections calculation differently and the bass isn't anechoic, but yes this looks quite good.

Joecarrow

I've been trying to learn more about them, but I haven't really found a solid price sheet anywhere to see if they could possibly be within my means. In general I like what I see.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Are these measurements with the speaker soffit mounted?

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've been trying to learn more about them, but I haven't really found a solid price sheet anywhere to see if they could possibly be within my means. In general I like what I see.
Audioholics review states the following:
  • MSRP: $8,200/each - Rixos-L, $3,900/each and up - Rixos-H

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They are home theater integrators that design some speakers and acoustic treatments in house. You can find presentations from the owner, Anthony Grimani, on Youtube. I have appointment with them next week for basic consultation.

mga2009

This looks like and old thread, but I just noticed the Grimani Rixos and they look very good for HT use.

They use a dome tweeter mounted in a "in house" waveguide and uses 1 or 2 Faital Pro 6.5" 6fe100 woofers. The woofers are USD$45 each and they are really good. IDK which dome tweeter is used, but probably a "good not top of the line" like the SB Acoustics SB26 but from the pictures i cant notice if it's a ceramic, aluminum or soft one.

What is not clear is what kind of ADC/DAC and amplifier is used in this system. Is it a HypeX Fusion? Or is it a lower quality setup? EDIT: I just noticed it says "160W rack amplifier / DSP x-over and room EQ / 18”x13”x4” (Shallow version)" so it's not probably HypeX Fusion which are plate amps.

Do you know any other high quality AMP+DSP rack mounted amplifier? I do know some mid quality PA rack amplifiers with DSP from a good chinese source (SANWAY).

A much lower cost DIY alternative is feasible with dome Dayton AMP+DSP, Faital woofer, SB Acoustics tweeter and some open source waveguides like the ones from @augerpro

Last edited:

Joecarrow

Did you see it confirmed somewhere that it uses the 6fe100 and not some custom variant? I’ll agree they sure look like it, but the Dutch and Dutch 8c woofer looks an awful lot like the Dayton Reference RS225 but when you see them side by side it’s clear they aren’t identical.

mga2009

Did you see it confirmed somewhere that it uses the 6fe100 and not some custom variant? I’ll agree they sure look like it, but the Dutch and Dutch 8c woofer looks an awful lot like the Dayton Reference RS225 but when you see them side by side it’s clear they aren’t identical.

Nope, I did not see a confirmation anywhere... but... I saw the picture attached. You can clearly see the FaitalPro logo and it looks exactly as the woofers I have (FaitalPRO 6FE100). Oh, and it's known to be a very good driver for the price, with very good power handling and very good performance in a sealed alignment, which it is how it is used by Grimani.

Also, I've seen some pictures (see 2nd picture - not detailed) from the D&D 8C and I believe it's not a Dayton RS225; the frame it's not the same, the surround it's not the same and the magnet structure it's not the same, maybe the plug and the cone surface are similar.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-13 161428.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-13 161428.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2022-05-13 162152.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-13 162152.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 123

Joecarrow

That sure looks convincing on the Grimani!

I have the 6FE100 here and am trying to get a box together to test it against the RS225 (which I also have and have tested- pretty great driver!) and the 8c, which I have on short term loan.

Hearing that the 6FE100 is in the Grimani definitely gives me some motivation to get back on my testing. Thanks!

mga2009

That sure looks convincing on the Grimani!

I have the 6FE100 here and am trying to get a box together to test it against the RS225 (which I also have and have tested- pretty great driver!) and the 8c, which I have on short term loan.

Hearing that the 6FE100 is in the Grimani definitely gives me some motivation to get back on my testing. Thanks!
Good to hear that! Please report your findings!

The amps used by Grimani seems to be Powersoft MEZZO, so... top of the line PA Audio there...

The tweeter on the Rixos M is a silk dome made in France... IDK which brand (Audax? Focal?)

Last edited:

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is not clear is what kind of ADC/DAC and amplifier is used in this system.

Why do you care? It’s an active design with suitable electronics.

I don’t know if they’ve officially said what it is, but it’s not hard to figure out….

Do you know any other high quality AMP+DSP rack mounted amplifier? I

Yes, a bunch of them.

A much lower cost DIY alternative is feasible with dome Dayton AMP+DSP, Faital woofer, SB Acoustics tweeter and some open source waveguides like the ones from @augerpro

That would be a very different loudspeaker. The Grimani waveguide is very different from Brandon’s. That not a knock on either. They just have different dispersion targets.

mga2009

Why do you care? It’s an active design with suitable electronics.

I don’t know if they’ve officially said what it is, but it’s not hard to figure out….

Yes, a bunch of them.

That would be a very different loudspeaker. The Grimani waveguide is very different from Brandon’s. That not a knock on either. They just have different dispersion targets.

-. Why not caring about the ADC/DAC/AMP?
-. Which ones?
-. Clearly a different speaker. Never said otherwise, just pointing and active design with same/similar components.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
-. Why not caring about the ADC/DAC/AMP?

Because it doesn’t matter. If it wasn’t suitable they wouldn’t use it. We’re talking about serious people here, not some ignorant “high end” nut jobs.

mga2009

Because it doesn’t matter. If it wasn’t suitable they wouldn’t use it. We’re talking about serious people here, not some “high end” ignorant nut jobs.

You are saying that ADC/DAC/AMP does not matter in an active speaker?

mga2009

I believe what he meant was that serious manufacturers use suitable electronics, no matter what they are. It therefore doesn't matter.
Well, ASR has clearly proven otherwise.

Anyway, the question was just to gather more info on the Rixos series.

Top Bottom