• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Greetings from Germany

Urkelator

Hello everybody,
says the mid 30 guy from Germany.
I am into hifi since i was a kid. (pictures to proof may follow ^^)

It all started with a combinded CD-Cassette-Player, which i got for my 8th birthday i guess. It made me able to record my own tapes and listen to them, giving to friends and so on.

When my parents bought my first Computer in the late 90s, i started to digitalize my litte cd collection. With a 2gb HD it was often a question, which Album to keep und which to delete.

Beeing a teen, freetime was all about music. Around this time, a simple Logitech 2.1 or any other old Stereo setup did its job.

The first real "dive" into Hifi started, when i got my first big pair of speakers from a friend and an old Pioneer AVR.
A little later than, a used cambridge audio CD-Player was my first real piece of hifi.

P7280058.JPG

Many setups followed the years after. At some point i decided to go "only stereo"

DSC00374.JPG

Reason, why i'm here:
I got my first raspberry pi in 2012 with an additional Hifiberry DAC.

With a friend of mine i spent hours to rip about 600 CDs to MP3, which we thought at that time would be a good idea.

IMG-20160428-WA0002.jpg

A while later I bought the Raspberry Pi 2B and got a new Hifiberry DAC+

to be continued...

Katji

Major Contributor
:) Welcome!
Nice setup...nice cabinet... (I dislike the glass and chrome style,and curved shelves.) ;)
Nice speakers, nice steel grille. I had to google it, Norbert...(although I see "since 1975")..."Nubert: Internet-sale speakers based in Germany with a focus on measurements. ..." :)

OP
U

Urkelator

current setup:
- Heco "Einklang" full range speaker - real beauties ^^
- Reisong A10
- Loewe LO 50
- Rega Planar 1
- Raspberry PI 2 / Allo Piano

Last edited:
Top Bottom