• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Greeting From (Almost) the Middle of Nowhere

phoenixop

Greetings;

Newby here, at least to audio forums. Not new to forums as a species. Just joined a few audio forums as I have recently gotten back into stereo equipment after being sidetracked by a bunch of life.

Current and past interests are in vintage JVC and Technics, as I exist on a never ending budget, caused by my insatiable thirst for cars of the German persuasion and the occasional domestic just to break up the monotony.

Anyway, happy to be here and I will try my best not to make a fool of myself.

Thank you all,

Mike

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Where's the fun in that?!

Welcome to the forum...

Celty

As we say about Liberal, Kansas, it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there!

OP
phoenixop

phoenixop

Trust me... I will have a lot of fun making a fool of myself here.

And, Kuna, Idaho is as far from civilization as I can probably stand, but wouldn't trade it for the world as I refugeed from Los Angeles in 1997. Born and raised there. Worked in the music biz for awhile (United Artists Records), them moved on. Currently living on 5 acres and my neighbors are cows and horses.

Thanks for the hello everybody.

Mike

OP
phoenixop

phoenixop

Absolutely! Couldn't agree more...

Went to the grocery store this a.m.. Went to Winco, kind of a Costco knockoff. The place was completely void of everything. It was absolutely amazing.

Could get pretty interesting by the time this is all over...

See ya and thanks again,

Mike

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Trust me... I will have a lot of fun making a fool of myself here.

And, Kuna, Idaho is as far from civilization as I can probably stand, but wouldn't trade it for the world as I refugeed from Los Angeles in 1997. Born and raised there. Worked in the music biz for awhile (United Artists Records), them moved on. Currently living on 5 acres and my neighbors are cows and horses.

Thanks for the hello everybody.

Mike
That's right between Boise and Nampa. Not too far from some form of civilization. A buddy moved there a few years ago and I had the pleasure of hiking the Sawtooths with him last year. Absolutely spectacular part of the country. You picked well.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I think of all the foolery I've engaged in over the years and during my lifelong pursuit of audiofoolery I sometimes amaze myself. :facepalm:

OP
phoenixop

phoenixop

Wafflesocks; Thank you for the welcome, much appreciated.

GD Fan; Good call. I am wedged between the two, however civilization is slowly (or not) creeping in via sub-divisions, literally hundreds of them. Many of the farmers around here are sick and tired of all that manual labor and selling off their acreage to developers and taking the money and running. We are getting so many people fleeing places like L.A. and California in general. I may wind up doing something similar and move back up north, but we'll see. Meanwhile, all my neighbors seem pretty well set, so keeping my fingers crossed.

anmpr1; Couldn't agree more. I look back and am amazed that I actually lasted this long.

Someday, I may figure out how this "quote" thing works, meanwhile - Thank you all!

Mike

Top Bottom