• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Graphic to tape 1 or 2

Clemy123isme

Hello everybody , what difference does it make if I plug my equaliser into tape 1 or 2 .
People say 2 but 1 sounds clearer .

Thank you.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Hi welcome to asr. Are you asking about a intergrated amplifiers tape inputs? Would be useful if you could state what model of amp (or interface?) and equalizer you're using.

OP
C

Clemy123isme

Technics SUC1010 Pre Amp & SE-A1010 power Amp.
I’m connecting an Technics Graphic equaliser SH-GE50 but do I plug it into Tape 2 and/or why not 1?
Please?
Thanks for your reply.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Technics SUC1010 Pre Amp & SE-A1010 power Amp.
I’m connecting an Technics Graphic equaliser SH-GE50 but do I plug it into Tape 2 and/or why not 1?
Please?
Thanks for your reply.
Unless the manual specifically states that the inputs have different characteristics there should be no difference.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
This shot is taken from the service manual for your preamp. Both tape inputs have identical specifications and should sound identical. So use either.
Screenshot_20210126-130014.png

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
It's been a long time, but if memory serves using the Tape Monitor function may require use of TAPE 2 - scour the amplifier manual if in doubt. If that's the case, you would be unable to use an EQ on TAPE 1 at all.

The two tape inputs should not normally sound appreciably different. Some of the RCA jacks may be tarnished due to lack of use, I'd suggest cleaning them with contact cleaner or at least isopropyl alcohol and some tight-fitting plugs.

Top Bottom