• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 367 87.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 8.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
So... upon reflection...
Perhaps (perhaps) we should enable @amirm to dangle his toes, or his loudspeaker measurement equipment into the not so tiny fullranger pool!?
... and, no, not vintage (although that would be easy; gotta basement full of 'em here)!
I'm thinkin'... Lii. These are a thing, at least in certain circles. :)

You know what they say: Go big or go home. :cool:

F-15-1.jpg

F15-145.jpg

%E8%AF%B4%E6%98%8E%E4%B9%A6%E7%AE%B1%E4%BD%9311.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
my instructions CLEARLY call for GUERILLA glue

Can you provide a link? Might be useful when the world goes further to hell.

I'm going to ban this account, assuming this is a bad joke. If this is Danny, please contact Amir directly and I'll remove it.

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A review of a really bad product is more entertaining than a review of a mediocre one. Thank you @amirm

In the words of the Kill Tony stand up podcast.

"How many of you like it when a comedian does good on the show!" - Mild reaction

"How man of you like when a comedian does BAD on the show!" - Uproars from crowd

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I quickly checked out some of Danny's videos. He's apparently found Cable Risers to sound good (I'll not paste that video). Google: What's up with Audiophile Cable Risers?
17:00 in the YouTube video. There, Danny states that even the color of the cables affects how it sounds.
(or if colors affect and create new structures that... I do not understand what he is waffling about)

Huh, you weren't kidding, he actually does state that. Sorry for double posts me no good at forum formatting.

Loathecliff

DanielT

Major Contributor
Huh, you weren't kidding, he actually does state that. Sorry for double posts me no good at forum formatting.
post, # 121 in this thread.

... 121 ... about a couple of small broadband elements in a couple of boxes. That in itself is eh ... a bit wako; yes I know I can not help but post. Everything about these has been said for a long time now but still ...

Katji

Major Contributor
17:00 in the YouTube video. There, Danny states that even the color of the cables affects how it sounds.
(or if colors affect and create new structures that... I do not understand what he is waffling about)

If there is any truth in that, and it's [one of the things] not yet known to science, then it must come from scientists, not science-deniers or...\
And it cannot imply that science tests/measurements related to audio are insufficient or unsuitable, it is in the domain of neuropsychology.
They say these things to obfuscate, to confuse.

robertgmartin

While this is a great review by Amir, and a great service to the society, I don't think anything will change sustainably, sadly. He will either ignore this, or dismiss the results as inaccurate/the methodologies are faulty/we can hear things that are not in measurements etc., and hist followers/believers will believe what he said.

Sometimes it's sad to be reminded about the world we live in, but well,
As they say "Facts don't care about your feelings". Maybe this will be an opportunity to substantially improve his product? One would hope. Or maybe some people like them as they are. I would assume that is the case in many instances..

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm as much as we all enjoy a review of a bad product, I think the level of discourse at ASR tends to be highest when we focus on products that we have high expectations for.

D!sco

I just wish I could be kinder to this design. Without the extortionate pricing, terrible flat pack, and aggressively unproductive attitude, this isn’t a design without merit. Throw a bullet tweeter up top and some adequate bass and this could be an affordable, modular entry point into HiFi. But instead it’s endemic of all the reasons I tell people not to get into the media and discussion on home sound. There is just so much bullshit on display in what should be a stepping stone into a myriad of joyful activities. Instead, I just know I can recommend any number of fostex or tang band alternatives.

Awful.

robertgmartin

Or I could just take a walk to the local phone/etc. shop or the Cash Crusaders and be back in 30 minutes with some multimedia/computer speakers/2.1 for about 1/10th of the price. Maybe worse SQ but better value for money. https://www.cashcrusaders.co.za/searchresult?filter=2.1 Multimedia Speaker

Or iLoud mini monitors for about $350.

The "Joke" is when you open the flat pack package and find they didn't cut the ports. o_O :mad: ...if it was a round port, then you would just need a big hole saw and a drill. ...LOL
I have a pair of iLoud Micro monitors I am listening to as I write this. They are VERY good for their intended use. I love them. Have them on some gooseneck speaker stands and they really sound quite good at my computer.. Very happy with the purchase..

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wait this thing is 1000 dollars?

pma

Major Contributor
A review of a really bad product is more entertaining than a review of a mediocre one. Thank you @amirm
Frankly, I do not understand. This product behaves according to laws of physics regarding the driver type and dimensions. Is it "entertaining"? :)
In fact every audio product behaves according to laws of physics, electrical engineering and acoustics.

Katji

Major Contributor
Regardless of any measurements that were done, it if sounds like a lame duck- it's a lame duck.
Regardless of the colour of the duck or what mushrooms it ate.

Top Bottom