• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research LGK 2.0 Kit Speaker Review (video)

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
after watching Danny's new video he confirmed his recording use a subwoofer and an inline filter for the satellites bass. He proudly touting he can reach the 90db range.
Which further begs the question, why would anyone choose this speaker at this price to use with subs? There are still the issues of significant beaming starting at 5KHz, uneven treble FR, high crossover point causing localization, and distortion-limited dynamics.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Which further begs the question, why would anyone choose this speaker at this price to use with subs? There are still the issues of significant beaming starting at 5KHz, uneven treble FR, high crossover point causing localization, and distortion-limited dynamics.
Yep. It ends up being, and I'm quoting myself here, a clumsy 2-way design.

DSJR

Major Contributor
that wasn't a GR speaker that was Bose in disguise . :p
Oh Bose is way above this level and build to suit a non critical market, which isn't at all ours!!! I used to enjoy the 301mk4's we had though - they made low level FM radio interesting, intelligible and fatigue free, when other more 'audiophile' type speakers made me want to turn it off after half an hour or so. Price was the usual issue though...

Andysu

Major Contributor
Oh Bose is way above this level and build to suit a non critical market, which isn't at all ours!!! I used to enjoy the 301mk4's we had though - they made low level FM radio interesting, intelligible and fatigue free, when other more 'audiophile' type speakers made me want to turn it off after half an hour or so. Price was the usual issue though...
oh , yeah i heard they inject steroids into bose now for ultra lows and highs so high even your pet bat will hear the difference ?

Top Bottom