• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Rate this AC Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 371 95.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Strongly cemented ideas about inserting a power cable, USB, NET, etc.. will no longer disappear. It's a business. Anything that can be made quickly and without development techniques is pure money. How is the price of cable 500, then 1000 and 5000 etc determined... If not by measurement? How can I be sure that I have not been cheated?:(
Generally in audio just assume you were cheated and you will be right 75% of the time. UNLESS you used ASR reviews to make your purchase decisions. Then you will get what Amir's review shows. Knowledge in audio really is power!

Dial

Generally in audio just assume you were cheated and you will be right 75% of the time. UNLESS you used ASR reviews to make your purchase decisions. Then you will get what Amir's review shows. Knowledge in audio really is power!
I would say 99.9 especially if you are an analog fan because there has been a significant price increase in this particular area with no relation to "performance".

sqml

Strongly cemented ideas about inserting a power cable, USB, NET, etc.. will no longer disappear. It's a business. Anything that can be made quickly and without development techniques is pure money. How is the price of cable 500, then 1000 and 5000 etc determined... If not by measurement? How can I be sure that I have not been cheated?:(
just curious, again not to start a fire. I heard analog turntable compared to USB dac. They sound completely different. Vinyl sounds very thick and full and digital sounds super precise

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
just curious, again not to start a fire. I heard analog turntable compared to USB dac. They sound completely different. Vinyl sounds very thick and full and digital sounds super precise
Completely different sources. Do you think the difference is due to their power cables?

sqml

thick and full means almost slower sounding compared to digital. I have nothing against both. Vinyl just require too much work to listen to a song

sqml

damn donH56, u either bored or your a bully your entire life. Geez man

DonR

Major Contributor
Most likely due to cognitive bias or a poor set up.

sqml

@DonR One of my friend have to keep adjusting his turntable motor speed to get right. I think you are right lol

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Seems like you lack common sense and logic in multiple departments. Don is one of our top technical experts. What he says, you need to listen to.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
thick and full means almost slower sounding compared to digital. I have nothing against both. Vinyl just require too much work to listen to a song
I am not sure what "slower sounding" means. But I (and most here) are very aware of the differences between vinyl and digital sources. Digital is generally much lower in distortion, noise, crosstalk and so forth but many still prefer vinyl. Nobody has a problem with preference. Sometimes the mastering is better, or at least more preferred, on vinyl vs. digital sources. Google "loudness wars" for some of what is killing the sound of CDs and such. I suspect that is responsible for much of the "vinyl is better" argument.

It takes daily practice. Appreciate sparring partners.

You realize you are posting in a thread about power cords, and IIRC started off with chastising everyone because they could not hear the difference? That is why the question. I have not really been following this thread. I may have confused you with someone else.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
If that is the same guy on the other forum, from what he states he clearly got some enjoyment out of trolling ASR. He basically admits it and wears the "banned" badge with honor. Must be a very young guy. They seem to just like pissing on different threads and trolling all over the internet. A very weird, I'm typing in my moms basement type of thing.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
FYI I almost considered keeping this cord but the fact that it simply was not unsable, i.e. so difficult to plug in, I decided to return it. I contacted the company and they said to just send it back. No address was provided. And none were on the company website! After some googling and finding the incorporation filing, I found the address and shipped it back to them. Today, I received a partial refund:

1659989616732.png

Looks like the credit card fees were about $10/3%. I also paid for shipping out. So all in all you are going to pay good money to test this cable.

I am going to skip shrimp for dinner and get hot dogs to save up the $50.75!!!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am going to skip shrimp for dinner and get hot dogs to save up the $50.75!!!
Imitation crab meat diced up and tossed into a tex mex cheese sauce put over rotini is a super cheap meal that is comfort food yet fresh and home cooked. Just saying... lol. :D

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
What I said:
Completely different sources. Do you think the difference is due to their power cables?

What he said (over there):
A day or so passed, another member mentioned about digital vs vinyl sound, of course my dumb butt responded by stating my opinion of vinyl is thicker and fuller sound, and of course one of the "master" contributer/admin that called me a troll responded and said i must be hearing differences because of the power cable lol. I responded that he's bored and must like to bully people his entire life.

(A) I am not an admin.
(B) Statement vs. question; he/she/it went way beyond what I asked. Which was based upon the original statements he (sic) made about hearing differences in power cords. I don't always read every post.
(C) Technically my "entire life" ain't over so I've lots of bullying yet to do. Be warned. :D

Tongue-in-cheek dry humor does not do well in writing.

Reason 1,037,056 to avoid the Internet.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If it lifts the veil, it's worth 500. Night and day? 1000. And if you don't know how you could have even listened before: 5000.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
Not surprised the fitment was mentioned and what a PITA "premium" cables can be to use. I haven't even gotten to the really expensive ones but I noticed how hard it was to bend a second RCA and get it in place after the first was already in on a super stiff cable.

Top Bottom