• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Rate this AC Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 371 95.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@ fpitas come on man, magic pixies? even my 5 year old thinks its BS. He rather play roblox on his laptop
That's exactly why someone else needs to prove it!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Ok ok you win brother. Im just asking if any one of you guys ever try to do a/b test? i dont think thats a harmful question

Have you done one without knowing what was connected?

sqml

I actually bought matrix x sabre pro mqa dac based on measurement from this fine website. I 100% agree with amir's assessment on this unit. I think it blows my other "higher" end dacs.

sqml

I actually bought matrix x sabre pro mqa dac based on measurement from this fine website. I 100% agree with amir's assessment on this unit. I think it blows my other "higher" end dacs.
@BDWoody, yes and i guess it correctly 80-90%. It depends on the music/songs playing. 80's music hard to tell. I dont like to listen too much of this so called "audiophile" tracks too much

DonR

Major Contributor
@sqml How do you know it's not cognitive bias? I have listened to several after-market power cords in blind testing and never heard a difference. The word they used was "boffin" not "buffoon". A boffin is an expert.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No, Naim.
Yikes. I honestly wouldn't know how to make an amp sensitive to its power cord, unless it was bottom dollar.

sqml

damn guys, i think im in a wrong forum for an opinion. Maybe im banned soon lol

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
damn guys, i think im in a wrong forum for an opinion. Maybe im banned soon lol
You are welcome to your opinion. We are free to disbelieve you, and demand some shred of evidence.

sqml

sorry about the buffon comment i thought its auto spell kicking in. @fpitas scientifically maybe not or 100% no. Im no expert or boffin in anyways. Just wanted to know if any of the members here actually tried the actual hearing/listening test, thats all. I heard differences but who knows, maybe no actual difference.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Last time compared power cords on equipment was many years ago. A friend bought one and had all the usual claims and reactions about how much better it sounded. This was long ago so I don't have the measurements (if I do, they are in the black hole masquerading as our basement storage room). I brought a heavy gage power cord from work to compare, swapping myself and not telling him which was in place (so not double blind). At the end I couldn't hear anything but he clearly could. Upshot is after all of that when I got back to the shop the cable I had was his new fancy one; I had accidentally left my bog-standard cable attached and he still raved about it. Oops.

A heavier ground wire can help a ground loop, but that is a big if.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
none of you guys can tell different sound from high performance power cord? some do sound different. Im not joking

If it really does, can you provide a tangible proof (so far, nobody yet has been able to do it) ?

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
I don't even need to swap cables to hear differences :)
With the exact same system and content, I don't get the same experience depending my mood, my wife mood, the hour of day, and so on...
Most of the time it sounds good to me, sometimes it sounds way less good.
It's about psychoacoustics and expectation bias.... Not wires !!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't even need to swap cables to hear differences :)
With the exact same system and content, I don't get the same experience depending my mood, my wife mood, the hour of day, and so on...
Most of the time it sounds good to me, sometimes it sounds way less good.
It's about psychoacoustics and expectation bias.... Not wires !!
Yes, that's a very real and common thing. Life gets in the way of good listening sometimes.

Top Bottom