• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Rate this AC Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 371 95.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

sqml

no im not LOL. Ive heard it on plenty of name brand amps, preamps. Most of the time the amp or preamp sounds smoother. I guess rolled of on top end?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
no im not LOL. Ive heard it on plenty of name brand amps, preamps. Most of the time the amp or preamp sounds smoother. I guess rolled of on top end?
If a power cord is doing that, you have the weirdest and worst equipment in the world.

sqml

lol so you did comparison of power cords before? i know if you look at it in science point of view, it makes no sense. At the end of the day, I buy things that makes me happy
If a power cord is doing that, you have the weirdest and worst equipment in the world.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
lol so you did comparison of power cords before? i know if you look at it in science point of view, it makes no sense. At the end of the day, I buy things that makes me happy
I design power supplies for a living, among other things. How many have you designed? If you're going to make bizarre, inexplicable claims, the proof is up to you.

TrevC

In fact power cables can't affect sound quality.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sqml

Ok ok you win brother. Im just asking if any one of you guys ever try to do a/b test? i dont think thats a harmful question

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok ok you win brother. Im just asking if any one of you guys ever try to do a/b test? i dont think thats a harmful question
I think you've found a rewarding hobby. Be sure to show measurements.

Lambda

Major Contributor
@sqml extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Your "anecdotal evidence" is very much the opposite of extraordinary.

sqml

I should've been more clear. I never meant this to be "anecdotal evidence", its just my experience and opinion on this subject. So who actually did a/b listening test and whats your conclusion?

TrevC

I should've been more clear. I never meant this to be "anecdotal evidence", its just my experience and opinion on this subject. So who actually did a/b listening test and whats your conclusion?
Why would anyone need to bother to do a listening test when there can't be a difference? You would just get a list of imagined differences!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I always use Belden cords, to get that industrial sound to my music.

sqml

Lol good one. Man you guys are tough crowd. Im not going to repeat my question. Just looking for actual opinion for somebody that did the test.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lol good one. Man you guys are tough crowd. Im not going to repeat my question. Just looking for actual opinion for somebody that did the test.
Why can't you do the test? You seem to be sure you will find differences. That would put all of us boffins in our place.

sqml

oh my lol, if i did the test then you'll take my word for it? No one would put any buffoons in any place. I never called anybody here a buffon

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
oh my lol, if i did the test then you'll take my word for it? No one would put any buffoons in any place. I never called anybody here a buffon
If you offer data that supports your claims, trust me, you will be breaking ground in electronic theory and design.

sqml

why so aggressive guys? damn. A discussion is always good, no need to be so worked up

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Assume I said that magic pixies dancing inside my amp was why it sounded better. Then I demanded somebody else needs to prove it.

sqml

@ fpitas come on man, magic pixies? even my 5 year old thinks its BS. He rather play roblox on his laptop

Top Bottom