• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Google Nest Mini as potential Chromecast Audio replacement...

BillG

Addicted to Fun and Learning
"As we exclusively reported earlier this week, Google is working on a product called the “Nest Mini,” which is a second-generation of the Google Home Mini. We’re told the product will feature better speakers, some proximity features, and a built-in wall mount, too. That’s all very cool, but what’s got me most excited is the inclusion of a 3.5 mm audio jack.

While our source didn’t explicitly tell us what this is for, basic reasoning should make it obvious that this is intended for having audio from the Nest Mini output to another, better speaker."

https://9to5google.com/2019/08/21/c...VBclK2kJCn9CnMuR47ex8wBFFizYNJa2KZacHhaOHymQ0

BDWoody

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
"As we exclusively reported earlier this week, Google is working on a product called the “Nest Mini,” which is a second-generation of the Google Home Mini. We’re told the product will feature better speakers, some proximity features, and a built-in wall mount, too. That’s all very cool, but what’s got me most excited is the inclusion of a 3.5 mm audio jack.

While our source didn’t explicitly tell us what this is for, basic reasoning should make it obvious that this is intended for having audio from the Nest Mini output to another, better speaker."

https://9to5google.com/2019/08/21/c...VBclK2kJCn9CnMuR47ex8wBFFizYNJa2KZacHhaOHymQ0
Too much to hope for a combo analog/optical out like on the CCA? Even if it's just analog, that's good news. I hope the DAC is decent enough...

Top Bottom