• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Google Nest Mini as potential Chromecast Audio replacement...

BillG

Major Contributor
"As we exclusively reported earlier this week, Google is working on a product called the “Nest Mini,” which is a second-generation of the Google Home Mini. We’re told the product will feature better speakers, some proximity features, and a built-in wall mount, too. That’s all very cool, but what’s got me most excited is the inclusion of a 3.5 mm audio jack.

While our source didn’t explicitly tell us what this is for, basic reasoning should make it obvious that this is intended for having audio from the Nest Mini output to another, better speaker."

https://9to5google.com/2019/08/21/c...VBclK2kJCn9CnMuR47ex8wBFFizYNJa2KZacHhaOHymQ0

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
"As we exclusively reported earlier this week, Google is working on a product called the “Nest Mini,” which is a second-generation of the Google Home Mini. We’re told the product will feature better speakers, some proximity features, and a built-in wall mount, too. That’s all very cool, but what’s got me most excited is the inclusion of a 3.5 mm audio jack.

While our source didn’t explicitly tell us what this is for, basic reasoning should make it obvious that this is intended for having audio from the Nest Mini output to another, better speaker."

https://9to5google.com/2019/08/21/c...VBclK2kJCn9CnMuR47ex8wBFFizYNJa2KZacHhaOHymQ0

Too much to hope for a combo analog/optical out like on the CCA? Even if it's just analog, that's good news. I hope the DAC is decent enough...

Benedium

Forum Donor
If I'm not wrong, nest mini can be paired to active speakers with bluetooth. See nest mini's settings in google home app. Anyone tested?

Last edited:

Taddpole

If I'm not wrong, nest mini can be paired to active speakers with bluetooth. See nest mini's settings in google home app. Anyone tested?

Always could do this couldn't you? But it's bluetooth.

Benedium

Forum Donor
Or is this pairing supposed to be between phone and nest mini? I'm not sure.

Top Bottom