• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Goodbye

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
The trumpet forum I help moderate uses a moderation team. Basic guidelines were laid down by the owner/sysadmin then we moderate on our own. Anything questionable is moved to a private area (not visible to normal viewers) for discussion. With low turnover we have been together for many years (20 as of last year, hard to believe), and understand each other pretty well, so there is rarely disagreement about how to handle a post or a troll. Really bad posts are split and stuck in that same private (moderator's) forum area. Trolls are immediately banned. And the team is international so we have round-the-clock moderation without overburdening any one soul. Might be worth considering. I've always thought one guy moderating a forum like this (or most any forum) would lead to burnout. I'm a bit, and very happily, surprised Thomas was able to endure it for so long, especially knowing just how dedicated and conscientious he is. I couldn't, drive me crazy, but as I've said before it's a short drive.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Looks like self-moderation has worked for a whole 75 hours now.

Should we go for a record?

Is that a record?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Looks like self-moderation has worked for a whole 75 hours now.

Should we go for a record?

Is that a record?
No it's not as I'm in fact still working while the next victim is chosen. I've banned a bunch of accounts and deleted a ton of spam , oh and dealt with some reported posts.

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've occasionally peeked into some of the DAC/amp measurement threads and yeah I've seen it get ugly, I quickly

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

My primary interest here is speakers, room acoustics and DSP.

Thomas- you're not leaving us for good right, just stepping down as mod?

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's strange how this morphed into the Thomas Savage appreciation thread. Thomas's thread is here.

This thread was started, bizarrely, by someone who may want us to believe that he is suffering a depressive episode as a result of Thomas's resignation as moderator.

I'm not making light of depression or of Thomas's resignation. Just saying that this is some weird shit.

@Thomas savage, if you're training at the gym, I hope you're squatting below parallel. It's the exercise that changed my life.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Amir is just stringing him along. Thomas is expecting delivery of this.
Ohhhh look Thomas, just what you always wanted, a Dippy Hippy Van :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It's strange how this morphed into the Thomas Savage appreciation thread. Thomas's thread is here.

This thread was started, bizarrely, by someone who may want us to believe that he is suffering a depressive episode as a result of Thomas's resignation as moderator.

I'm not making light of depression or of Thomas's resignation. Just saying that this is some weird shit.

@Thomas savage, if you're training at the gym, I hope you're squatting below parallel. It's the exercise that changed my life.
Haha that's my fault , I just wanted to try and convince the guy to stay on. Then it snowballed...

I could move the 'all about me' posts to my thread ... But I need to goto work.

Mark is great , when I transition to weight training I will go though his vids.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
...there's a deal of anxiety attached to my writing especially when I'm discharging my official duties. I re-read stuff over and over , that and my frankly insane attention to detail ...

It's these qualities, among others, that made you good at the job. It's unfortunate that it took such a toll on your wellbeing.

Top Bottom