• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Goodbye

derp1n

Since Thomas is out, I am leaving too. Peace.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Since Thomas is out, I am leaving too. Peace.
I don't understand this. As far as I know Thomas decided to leave mod duties. Might be different were he forced out. Thomas did this for his own reasons.

I think he'll be very hard to replace. I'm not sure I can see why this would cause @derp1n to leave preemptively. Can you explain. Not that you have to.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
New Kids on the Block ??? What is the moderator doing!? Oh, wait...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I don't understand this. As far as I know Thomas decided to leave mod duties. Might be different were he forced out. Thomas did this for his own reasons.

I think he'll be very hard to replace. I'm not sure I can see why this would cause @derp1n to leave preemptively. Can you explain. Not that you have to.
I grew up with some learning difficulties that still have some historical effects on me, I can read and write but there's a deal of anxiety attached to my writing especially when I'm discharging my official duties. I re-read stuff over and over , that and my frankly insane attention to detail and ambition to really manage the atmosphere here rather than just moderate meant I was spending 20 hours plus a week going through this place. One has to consider its not my forum so this level of commitment is OTT. Unfortunately Doing less did not sit well with me though amir was more than happy for me to do as I pleased.

There's no conspiracy , I just need to stop putting my energy into something as abstract to my life as this forum and start getting out there and helping folks in the real world as well as focusing on my own self.

I hope the next guy has a better grounding in audio electronics so they can better managed the fall outs from technically lead content, that's one area I could never improve.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
It's just what I thought. The job consumed too much time.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
I grew up with some learning difficulties that still have some historical effects on me, I can read and write but there's a deal of anxiety attached to my writing especially when I'm discharging my official duties. I re-read stuff over and over , that and my frankly insane attention to detail and ambition to really manage the atmosphere here rather than just moderate meant I was spending 20 hours plus a week going through this place. One has to consider its not my forum so this level of commitment is OTT. Unfortunately Doing less did not sit well with me though amir was more than happy for me to do as I pleased.

There's no conspiracy , I just need to stop putting my energy into something as abstract to my life as this forum and start getting out there and helping folks in the real world as well as focusing on my own self.

I hope the next guy has a better grounding in audio electronics so they can better managed the fall outs from technically lead content, that's one area I could never improve.

Could we have multiple moderators?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Could we have multiple moderators?
I don't think that's necessary, the job in its basic most common form is about 30 mins to a hour of work a day. I made it more but still I never saw needing help to be a thing and we never discussed it .

im certain the next guy will be better than me, they have a template here they just need to maintain. the forum was established and then we had the large influx of members driven by amirs review threads to bring into things and I've seen out those two events along with a few others.

ASR is in great shape and ready to grow with a new moderator who will take things still further. I'm excited to see who gets the job or who just dose not refuse it lol

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Something like I imagined. Angst about staying on top of things leading to using too much time.

Enjoy the real world and life Thomas. We've benefited from what you did here for us.

I've thought moderation would be well served to having more than one and only doing this every other week or every other month to keep from burning people out. Maybe ultimately we'll have moderator AI's.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Something like I imagined. Angst about staying on top of things leading to using too much time.

Enjoy the real world and life Thomas. We've benefited from what you did here for us.

I've thought moderation would be well served to having more than one and only doing this every other week or every other month to keep from burning people out. Maybe ultimately we'll have moderator AI's.
Maybe , it might not seem it but ASR is quite a controlled space . I think you need a consistent ( possibly large) personality spread across the forum to maintain that without things feeling oppressive or indeed things going to shit in a hand basket.

Ordinarily if it were more like say CA then I'd totally agree with you and think that's a excellent idea but we shall see.. My nomination is in not that they would want the job ha ha

dallasjustice

Major Contributor

Thank you for your service. You’ve done a great job and helped to build a very happy and informative home for music lovers.

cjfrbw

Does this mean that anarchy, chaos and subjectivity will reign supreme, now?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Thank you for your service. You’ve done a great job and helped to build a very happy and informative home for music lovers.
Thanks Michael, I'm in the gym 5 days a week now eating foods as they naturally occure in nature and I threw out my salt grinder and banished all liquid calories.

I feel a sense of completion here tbh it was great forging this place from nothing with you all. I'm proud of it and humbled I was even chosen in the first place.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Multiple mods sounds like a good idea if one person does not have the time to do all of it, just having more than 1 time zone covered might be helpful.
Yea a European guy would be great that covers time zones fairly well but maybe with more traffic coming from Asia we need something different.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Thanks Michael, I'm in the gym 5 days a week now eating foods as they naturally occure in nature and I threw out my salt grinder and banished a liquid calories.

I feel a sense of completion here tbh it was great forging this place from nothing with you all. I'm proud of it and humbled I was even chosen in the first place.
I’m happy for you. I’m sure you are feeling very good too. If you are sweating in the gym, you may need to dig the salt out of the trash. I always salt up before my more intense workouts. :). Don’t be afraid of salt and fat. Salt is an essential mineral. Many wars were fought over it.

Top Bottom