• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

good quality female pop

OP
M

musica

I am referring to artists with uncompressed songs and with a lot of dynamics, which of those artists keeps the best recordings, in terms of audio quality?

Katji

Major Contributor
When I see the heading in RSS reader, it's like...

200.gif

Katji

Major Contributor
^^I enoyed that show, couple months ago. ...Every time, that guy stood up and and said "I know EXACTLY who that is!" :D

movehome

Kate Bush is a good recommendation. I've only heard her first few albums but if you don't know them well then you've missed out.

Sade's early albums also sound great, although I've only heard the vinyl masters and I'm not sure what the CD mastering is like.

Sophie Zelmani "Everywhere" album. Not super pop overall but there are some pop vibes there. She has a whole bunch of amazing albums.

Faye Wong sounds great as well, although her albums don't all have the highest DR numbers. She's one of the best artists though.

Forgot about "The Sundays." Only heard their vinyl masters again though.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
How pop is pop?
^^That sums it up.
It's hard to say.
I went to the kitchen and started thinking about it....

"It's not what it used to be."
I think of it as radio and Top 20. When there wasn't anything else.
It was R&B pop and British pop like The Beatles and The Marmalade.
Then later it was Duran Duran and so on. And Madonna and then Britney.
With Whitney and so on, R&B was popular but it was not pop, it was more separated, more segregated. Genre had become a thing.
It was never just happy like it was in the 60s.
Now it's like all angst. If it was before, sometimes, no-one thought of it like that, so it wasn't.
:)
And it happens on TikTok and so on, no radio, no DJ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom