• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good/Nice looking cables that don’t break the bank?

Do you buy the cheapest cables possible, or pay a bit more for build quality/looks?

• Total voters

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don’t think I would pay $85, but I like the idea of locking rca connectors (I’ve had issues with too tight and too loose connections), and they don’t make any ridiculous claims.
3 Foot – Audiophile High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pair Custom Made by WORLDS BEST CABLES – Using Mogami 2497 Wire and Eminence Gold Locking RCA Connectors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL1MO0C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_E4aXEbFQH2SHB

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The most I paid for cable was a set of $400+ custom made 10 feet silver resolution speaker cables from Signal cable, unlike the standard silver copper hybrid one they release later, mine was likely the very first ones they made with pure silver wire and I also picked a spade made of pure silver as well, no gold plating.

Well, end up not able to tell any different between that and radio shack 12 gauge I terminated myself, and that was the first pair of cable I ever made, needless to say it wasn't done very well, but they worked same I guess.

I still believe Zu Mobus HD650 replacement cable I had at the same time was worth $200 since give better bass than stock and silver dragon(which sound the same as stock but cost $200 as well).

Now the most expansive cable I use is Canare L-4E6S with Neutrik made by digiflex. $53 CAD a pair.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
They forgot to put any technical/construction specs in the 'SKW RCA interconnect' ad.
Stick with RCA interconnects that use coax from the major bulk cable manufactures.

Top Bottom