• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good measuring USB-C to 3.5mm dongle other than the Apple one?

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am looking for some recommendations on the topic of USB-C to 3.5mm dongles. They have to measure well, and please do not recommend the Apple one; I won't use the Apple one because it is too flimsy for my use case and I need something sturdier, also, I don't like Apple's business practices, and I chose to not support them anymore with my money. What are the recommendations you could offer me?

Saidera

Meizu's USB-C to 3.5mm dongle (discontinued), or Tempotec SHDP with a USB micro B to A cable
(Meizu's USB-C achieved the best balance between price, potential quality and range of supported formats beyond 24/48 PCM)

Saidera

Meizu's USB-C has roughly the same distortion as Apple USB-C as per ASR. But in other places the measures are higher.

Top Bottom